Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Actually I don’t think I could report on his response here without potentially violating terms of use.

So keep it to yourself, or just let us know if you’re satisfied. Please just stop pushing for other people to care about this dumb, pointless rumor and just ask him yourself. You’ve already suggested it yourself, now is the time to follow through. Hell, if you really think it demands to be publicly acknowledged and atoned for, ask Ken S at the AJC. Posting this same thing repeatedly on this message board hoping someone else brings it forward is pretty cowardly when you have these options.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So keep it to yourself, or just let us know if you’re satisfied. Please just stop pushing for other people to care about this dumb, pointless rumor and just ask him yourself. You’ve already suggested it yourself, now is the time to follow through. Hell, if you really think it demands to be publicly acknowledged and atoned for, ask Ken S at the AJC. Posting this same thing repeatedly on this message board hoping someone else brings it forward is pretty cowardly when you have these options.

You want me to stop talking about it but directly quote me and argue the point further. That’s genius. I stand by my take until Key clarifies it. If that makes you butthurt...too bad.

I haven’t asked anyone else to “bring it forward” or do squat. If I ever see him face to face I’ll ask him so long as I can do so conversationally without making a huge public spectacle (i.e. shouting across the room at him). I made my point days ago and sense then have limited my commemts on the matter to people like you who want to debate my take. You ain’t gonna change my mind so if you don’t want to hear about it anymore...piss off.

Last edited:

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
The hate for the Brent Key hire is hilarious to me. He was doing his job at UCF. Every coach negatively recruits. If you dislike Key because of that, you should also dislike O’leary (I consider O’leary a Tech man for what he’s done for the school)... because I’m sure he did the same thing at UCF.

The hate for Key is similar to someone who asks a girl to prom, and gets denied because the girl already has a date. So he bashes the girl to make himself feel better, when in reality the girl did nothing wrong.. but the guy will never forget. It’s almost comical. Get over it.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
The hate for the Brent Key hire is hilarious to me. He was doing his job at UCF. Every coach negatively recruits. If you dislike Key because of that, you should also dislike O’leary (I consider O’leary a Tech man for what he’s done for the school)... because I’m sure he did the same thing at UCF.

The hate for Key is similar to someone who asks a girl to prom, and gets denied because the girl already has a date. So he bashes the girl to make himself feel better, when in reality the girl did nothing wrong.. but the guy will never forget. It’s almost comical. Get over it.

It’s not “hate”. People are just asking questions. Not remotely close to hate.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
It’s not “hate”. People are just asking questions. Not remotely close to hate.

It might not be hate, but at least one member has repeatedly made claims about Coach Key, with no evidence. Maybe not hate but irresponsible for sure. You would think being such a high level institution more fans would value evidence over belief.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
It might not be hate, but at least one member has repeatedly made claims about Coach Key, with no evidence. Maybe not hate but irresponsible for sure. You would think being such a high level institution more fans would value evidence over belief.

And you would think being such a high level institution people could engage in a reasoned discussion and not resort to equating reasonable questions with hate.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
And you would think being such a high level institution people could engage in a reasoned discussion and not resort to equating reasonable questions with hate.
Apparently, 'reasoning' and 'rationality' make a tremendous cover for negative agendas.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
@Whiskey_Clear can you please restate what the allegations/rumors are? I'm interested in knowing but not reading through this dumpster fire thread in its entirety. Thanks
When at UCF, apparently Key negatively recruited Michael Rogers. I first learned of it in this board through Eric, who we all believed to be reputable, but not sure if it was more publicly known. At the time, lots of folks in the know said his negative recruiting and the things he said were bad enough to have burned all bridges.

Now if only someone could find Eric...

Animal02

Banned

On the other hand, if the rumors are true, it can easily be turned on it's ear to negatively recruit Tech....saying "See, you can't trust this guy....he will say anying"

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
When at UCF, apparently Key negatively recruited Michael Rogers. I first learned of it in this board through Eric, who we all believed to be reputable, but not sure if it was more publicly known. At the time, lots of folks in the know said his negative recruiting and the things he said were bad enough to have burned all bridges.

Now if only someone could find Eric...

Is this the post you speak of? Sounds like the kid didn’t have a high enough SAT/ACT score to begin with and Key was telling him the truth. I’m pretty sure TECH pulled his offer after his test results anyways.

A601AD74-74FA-4AC4-A68A-62D68BA6DC95.jpeg

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer

I agreed that is shouldn't be called hate, ignorant maybe. We have zero evidence that anything was done at all. All we have is third party hearsay. To continue the baseless claims shows an agenda.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
On the other hand, if the rumors are true, it can easily be turned on it's ear to negatively recruit Tech....saying "See, you can't trust this guy....he will say anying"

Understandable, but we don’t know if the rumors are true. All that we heard was that he told a recruit (who was already struggling to get the qualifying test scores) that Tech was hard academically. Doesn’t seem to me that he was talking bad about Tech.. he was telling him the truth.

Animal02

Banned
Understandable, but we don’t know if the rumors are true. All that we heard was that he told a recruit (who was already struggling to get the qualifying test scores) that Tech was hard academically. Doesn’t seem to me that he was talking bad about Tech.. he was telling him the truth.
I am not concerned about it like some others.....just saying, If it turned out to be a worst case scenario......it could be turned against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.