Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Is this the post you speak of? Sounds like the kid didn’t have a high enough SAT/ACT score to begin with and Key was telling him the truth. I’m pretty sure TECH pulled his offer after his test results anyways.

View attachment 4986
I am glad Key is here to coach our OL. So( if) he said academics are hard at Tech is that a lie ? Anyone who holds a grudge against someone because of something they said or did is not going to have many friends.

Animal02

Banned
I am glad Key is here to coach our OL. So( if) he said academics are hard at Tech is that a lie ? Anyone who holds a grudge against someone because of something they said or did is not going to have many friends.
But but but, according to some posters......qualifying at Tech is NOT a problem. :rolleyes:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Understandable, but we don’t know if the rumors are true. All that we heard was that he told a recruit (who was already struggling to get the qualifying test scores) that Tech was hard academically. Doesn’t seem to me that he was talking bad about Tech.. he was telling him the truth.

If that’s the case don’t you think it would be easy to explain and clarify? Why does this notion scare and inflame so many. I suspect it’s because they are actually scared of the truth and don’t want to have to face it

If it’s true and Key can succeed regardless it won’t matter. If it’s not true it won’t matter. If it is true he may have more difficulty selling our 40 year plan than some think.

crut

Helluva Engineer
If that’s the case don’t you think it would be easy to explain and clarify? Why does this notion scare and inflame so many. I suspect it’s because they are actually scared of the truth and don’t want to have to face it

If it’s true and Key can succeed regardless it won’t matter. If it’s not true it won’t matter. If it is true he may have more difficulty selling our 40 year plan than some think.
The truth was posted above. Can you please explain why was is shown above bothers you so much?

crut

Helluva Engineer
Your gonna have to clarify your question a bit more for me.
Near the bottom of page 43 of this thread, the information regarding Brent Key negatively recruiting GT is posted. From the thread on Mike Rodgers, Eric posted that he would have been an academic exception to GT. Why does the fact that Key used the fact that GT is a difficult academic school for athletes inflame you so much?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Near the bottom of page 43 of this thread, the information regarding Brent Key negatively recruiting GT is posted. From the thread on Mike Rodgers, Eric posted that he would have been an academic exception to GT. Why does the fact that Key used the fact that GT is a difficult academic school for athletes inflame you so much?

That’s not the whole story. It wasn’t alleged he just told a kid....”Hey Tech is really hard and you have to take calculus.” There was more to it than that. But I’m not going to dredge it all back up. If you want further insights into my opinion just go back and read my prior posts.

crut

Helluva Engineer
That’s not the whole story. It wasn’t alleged he just told a kid....”Hey Tech is really hard and you have to take calculus.” There was more to it than that. But I’m not going to dredge it all back up. If you want further insights into my opinion just go back and read my prior posts.
You're acting completely illogically regarding Key to be honest. I'm done giving you the time of day on this topic. This is like Ron Bell trying to convince everyone that Pastner is an evil mastermind.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No, it's because the whole notion is childish, petty, and melodramatic. If you need concocted drama like this in your life, watch Gossip Girl.

I don’t watch much TV and I get more than enough drama right here. Thanks for the tip though, I hope you continue to enjoy that show.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You're acting completely illogically regarding Key to be honest. I'm done giving you the time of day on this topic. This is like Ron Bell trying to convince everyone that Pastner is an evil mastermind.

(y) I didn’t ask you for any.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

I did laugh at you acting like you are showing restraint by not dredging a part of this back up. Holy smokes. You are in battle mode and are unable to reason at the current moment.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I did laugh at you acting like you are showing restraint by not dredging a part of this back up. Holy smokes. You are in battle mode and are unable to reason at the current moment.

Because I’m not inclined to toe the line on your group think? Okay. I’m not forcing you or anyone else to quote, reply, or refer to me in their own statements.

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan

But you don't understand! Key did something really, really super duper awful. I know because I read it on an anonymous online message board one time and I wrote about it in my diary. But it's, like, totally ultra top secret so I can't tell you about it even if I wanted to. But, trust me, I know things that you don't know and he is just, like, the worst. There is no proof whatsoever, other Tech grads and former Tech players speak very highly of him, he was hired back at Tech by people that care about the Institution, and in doing so he left a job at one of the preeminent college programs in the country to come back to his alma mater, but I'm not going to be satisfied until he makes a formal apology to me personally for the heartbreak he has put me thru. Also, he has to ask me to prom. Like, he was a total meanie and he really hurt my feelings. It's not cool guys!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
But you don't understand! Key did something really, really super duper awful. I know because I read it on an anonymous online message board one time and I wrote about it in my diary. But it's, like, totally ultra top secret so I can't tell you about it even if I wanted to. But, trust me, I know things that you don't know and he is just, like, the worst. There is no proof whatsoever, other Tech grads and former Tech players speak very highly of him, he was hired back at Tech by people that care about the Institution, and in doing so he left a job at one of the preeminent college programs in the country to come back to his alma mater, but I'm not going to be satisfied until he makes a formal apology to me personally for the heartbreak he has put me thru. Also, he has to ask me to prom. Like, he was a total meanie and he really hurt my feelings. It's not cool guys!

I’m starting to get a feel for what Gossip Girl show is like. :LOL:

I’ve never said it definitely happened. But was a widespread rumor serious enough to need to be addressed imo. Why does my opinion set you off on valley girl tirades?

Go take a valume and call your therapist.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Given that Key is now officially on board, I think this thread should go the way of the "Paul Johnson Time Frame" thread personally. If there are one or two people who still want to talk about the non-issue regarding Key, I think they should start a new thread for it, but such posts should be considered off topic in any other thread. Jut MHO

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m starting to get a feel for what Gossip Girl show is like. :LOL:

I’ve never said it definitely happened. But was a widespread rumor serious enough to need to be addressed imo. Why does my opinion set you off on valley girl tirades?

Go take a valume and call your therapist.

I'm just holding up a mirror for you man. That's how you're coming off. Like a teen girl that got spurned and needs mommy and daddy take them back to the therapist to get a refill on their meds to be able to cope with life.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Oh, that makes me really concerned. Now, I think I'll go run in circles and wring my hands, but I'm just asking rational, reasonable, logical and critical questions.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm just holding up a mirror for you man. That's how you're coming off. Like a teen girl that got spurned and needs mommy and daddy take them back to the therapist to get a refill on their meds to be able to cope with life.

Lol...makes a valley girl post then claims others are acting like a valley girl. :cigar:

Status
Not open for further replies.