Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not demanding anything. I’m responding to multiple posters in multiple threads who continue their discourse with me on this matter. I reserve the right to respond to all regardless of which thread they emanate from.

Feel free to start a new thread if you don’t like it and ask a mod to move all comments there.

Dude.. you're delusional. This wasn't even a topic until you decided to bring it up in multiple threads, and now that you started this debate you are saying you were just responding to people? LMAO

upload_2019-1-14_12-18-55.png

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
What’s really entertaining, for me, is that I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind here. I stated my sentiments. Days ago. The discussion continues due to those taking serious issue with my opinion and continuously ranting about it.

You mistake "others ranting about it" for "others mocking you". You stated your sentiments days ago. And then again. And then in another thread. And then again and again. And it's funny. It's funny that a grown man could be so bothered by something so silly and childish that they feel that they need a personal explanation. And every time you respond trying to defend such a silly position, you are just providing more entertainment. You just can't let it go. And you somehow think that by posting over and over to defend your right to have a childish opinion makes you seem less childish. Which is just making this way too much fun.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Dude.. you're delusional. This wasn't even a topic until you decided to bring it up in multiple threads, and now that you started this debate you are saying you were just responding to people? LMAO

View attachment 4987

Not delusional. I originally made that post in the staff thread. One minute later I decided the hiring details thread was a more appropriate thread to post it to. Check the time stamp. Everything since then has been responses to others.

Thanks for your response :D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You mistake "others ranting about it" for "others mocking you". You stated your sentiments days ago. And then again. And then in another thread. And then again and again. And it's funny. It's funny that a grown man could be so bothered by something so silly and childish that they feel that they need a personal explanation. And every time you respond trying to defend such a silly position, you are just providing more entertainment. You just can't let it go. And you somehow think that by posting over and over to defend your right to have a childish opinion makes you seem less childish. Which is just making this way too much fun.

^ not letting it go :ROFLMAO:

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Is this the post you speak of? Sounds like the kid didn’t have a high enough SAT/ACT score to begin with and Key was telling him the truth. I’m pretty sure TECH pulled his offer after his test results anyways.

View attachment 4986

Thanks Coach Key for taking a player who didnt really contribute at UCF and subsequently transferred.....some people are acting like he stole Calvin.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I’d rather keep bringing it up until it’s answered. If not and I happen to bump into him at fan day I’ll ask him straight up.

What do you mean, “IF ... you happen to bump into him at fan day”?

If this is such a big friggin deal, why would you not make sure you bump into him? Why have you not gone down to the GTAA to demand an answer?

This is the most important (as well as ignorant, absurd, stupid, idiotic, asinine) issue that the entirety of the Ga Institute of Technology has faced in decades.

And you aren’t doing something about it right damn now!?

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan

And another one right over your head. Why would I let it go? It's incredible fun to be able to so easily compel a grown man to continue to make a clown of himself. Though at this point, the point has been made. So go ahead and get in the last word with something that either completely misses the point or simply reiterates your childishness. That'll really show me.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
And another one right over your head. Why would I let it go? It's incredible fun to be able to so easily compel a grown man to continue to make a clown of himself. Though at this point, the point has been made. So go ahead and get in the last word with something that either completely misses the point or simply reiterates your childishness. That'll really show me.

^Continuing to rant :D

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You really need to let it go. If you have never said or done something wrong then cast your stone first. I have said plenty of negative things about Tech and CPJ but I still love both of them. Maybe your better than me ( which would not be hard) but I find it hard to believe you have not said something you wish you have not said later you wish you had not said .

LibertyTurns

Banned
I got the solution to end this argument:

Make up sex. You guys need to go get a room.

Key is a GT Coach, until he isn’t. I’m guessing you have no more power to do anything about it than anyone else on this board. Recommend after make up sex you get on the train. It has left the station and there’s nobody from the old staff onboard.

Go Jackets!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I’ve had no reason to change my mind yet so I’m in no corner. My opinion is subject to change. I would love it if the rumors were proven false or unfounded. Or at least explained reasonably.

Being a “Tech” guy doesn’t grant automatic forgiveness for transgressions.

I don’t expect it to be answered publicly so I’ll look for him at fan day and see if he has a minute to talk. That will give me a better read on him than anything else would anyway.

So you feel the same about Frank Broyles. Pepper Rodgers, **** Bestwick, Jack Williams, Tavares Tillman, Dwayne Painter p, Jeff Monken, Brian Bohannon to name just a few?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Is this the post you speak of? Sounds like the kid didn’t have a high enough SAT/ACT score to begin with and Key was telling him the truth. I’m pretty sure TECH pulled his offer after his test results anyways.

View attachment 4986

So it sounds like the so called tough GT academic claims are false, or maybe Key was being honest with the guy (whoever the heck he is). Or maybe COJ sucked at recruiting.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
That’s not the whole story. It wasn’t alleged he just told a kid....”Hey Tech is really hard and you have to take calculus.” There was more to it than that. But I’m not going to dredge it all back up. If you want further insights into my opinion just go back and read my prior posts.

“alleged”. Your standard for truth.

“More to it than that.” But no integrity to “dredge” it back up.

Hilarious.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Brent Key has a GT email address. If someone wants answers about something someone did 10 years ago, go straight to the guy who supposedly did or did not say something. Hell, what if it was all made up by former staff that Key was talking crap because they were getting their butts kicked in recruiting by a UCF coach? Let's put that out there because unless someone was in the room when Key supposedly said or didn't say something it's all rumors.

CPJ was alleged to have said many things in recruiting, the most famous of which was documented by Brian Kelly in recruiting Stephon Tuitt. Quick, somebody make CPJ answer to negative recruiting!!

Come on fellas. It's starting to get silly...and extremely sad when grown men are making an issue of something said 10 years ago that no one can prove beyond hearsay. I know one thing for certain: NO ONE is getting the answers on a message board so it's pointless in trying to repeatedly bring up "the truth" and "answers" every time Key is mentioned on GTSwarm.

Either sack up and ask Key yourself, or shut up.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You really need to let it go. If you have never said or done something wrong then cast your stone first. I have said plenty of negative things about Tech and CPJ but I still love both of them. Maybe your better than me ( which would not be hard) but I find it hard to believe you have not said something you wish you have not said later you wish you had not said .

And there were consequences. I don’t wish Key to have a bad life. I just don’t think he’s appropriate for Tech anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.