Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I checked a Banana forum and there is ZERO noise about Key. This makes me think it ain't happening, sad to say.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
But our posters are saying 101%... Our words vs theirs, and we know they aren’t good with words.
And we are very good with numbers.

2934C566-0033-4455-B17E-70659A000174.jpeg

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I checked a Banana forum and there is ZERO noise about Key. This makes me think it ain't happening, sad to say.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Bama fans ain't gonna worry about losing a position coach. I bet it happens tomorrow. Either way, we gotta hire somebody for that spot.

bhoffman123

Georgia Tech Fan
Just curious. What is causing the delay in announcing? Negotiations? Logistics? A sequence of communications?

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it will get done and understand the delay from all of the logistics / recovery / debriefing / etc of a National Champ game.

I suspect that Key does now have more leverage than before...unless his deal was previously inked, I think he now has CGC and tStan in a position to have to get him on board. The price of the incentives and bennies is probably going up.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I watched the game Monday night with a friend of mine who is a former OC for GSU and we were discussing the coaching staff at Bama.
He every single coach loves being a coach at Bama, but HATE working there because Saban is such a perfectionist, even with day to day life.
He spoke highly of Key and said we need him in ATL.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This thing is not that difficult - if sa(t)an wants to keep him, he will be at Bammer. If sa(t)an is not that enamored by Key, then Key will be at GT. Simple as it gets.

Why can I say this? Easy. Bammer boosters/AthDept will give sa(t)an pretty much anything he asks for.

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
This thing is not that difficult - if sa(t)an wants to keep him, he will be at Bammer. If sa(t)an is not that enamored by Key, then Key will be at GT. Simple as it gets.

Why can I say this? Easy. Bammer boosters/AthDept will give sa(t)an pretty much anything he asks for.

You do realize that Bama coaching staff has a ton of voluntary turnover, right? It's a two way street. Just because Saban wants them there doesn't necessarily mean they want to stay. If Key ends up coming to GT, that doesn't directly say anything about Saban's level of enamor with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.