Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure Joe Siffri and Jim Lavin (and maybe Mike Mooney) were JuCo transfers and thus Ross's recruits.

I looked it up and actually Mooney was signed by Ross. Siffri was a freshman in '87, so he wasn't a transfer. Point is, lots of major talent on that 1990 team were brought in by Curry, and he should get credit for it.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Apologies for derailment of this thread, however couldn’t let this incorrect information go....Curry tried to take credit with the 9 seniors and his son on the ‘90 team(something about blood and recruits, on that sideline). It wasn’t the talent conveyed above, as our Junior class came in early with Jones, Coleman, Rudolph, et al.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Apologies for derailment of this thread, however couldn’t let this incorrect information go....Curry tried to take credit with the 9 seniors and his son on the ‘90 team(something about blood and recruits, on that sideline). It wasn’t the talent conveyed above, as our Junior class came in early with Jones, Coleman, Rudolph, et al.

I never claimed any of those were brought in by Curry. Jones was a sophomore. I reference seniors, redshirt seniors, and redshirt juniors.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
SOME, not LOTS of talent was brought in by Curry. But so what if he did; he was still a lousy coach.

Please don't move the goalposts. I never said he was a good coach. All I pointed out was that he brought in lots of the talent on that 1990 team. You might quibble between some and lots, but he brought in some very key players and major contributors, and he should get credit for it. Without the talent he brought in, we do not win the national championship in 1990.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Curry only claimed 10, so you can’t say he brought in lots of talent, by his own admission. He had a losing record, and left the cupboard bare for Ross.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
SOME, not LOTS of talent was brought in by Curry. But so what if he did; he was still a lousy coach.
Curry had no coaching experience and didn't have a clue when he took the job. He progressed to the point of at least being somewhat competent. Having Don Lindsay as defensive coordinator helped the program progress under Curry.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Curry only claimed 10, so you can’t say he brought in lots of talent, by his own admission. He had a losing record, and left the cupboard bare for Ross.

A number of very major contributors, without whom we don't win the natty.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Name those 9, I remember several Transfers from that last class. His son didn’t play much, even on ST.

LibertyTurns

Banned
For years Dabo was called a clown by many of the all knowing here.
I called him a clown and worse. He’s now won 2 NC’s. I’m sure I got a lot of company because for 5 years after they hired him we were still beating their ***. At least I call it like I see it instead of hiding under my Mommas skirt spewing mealy-mouthed dual meaning BS.

It would be nice to see some prophetic posts from 7-8 years ago by other experts when they were still losing that it was all a mirage and Dabo was building a juggernaught dynasty that would dethrone Bammer, revealing itself for all the world to see mid-decade or thereabouts.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I called him a clown and worse. He’s now won 2 NC’s. I’m sure I got a lot of company because for 5 years after they hired him we were still beating their ***. At least I call it like I see it instead of hiding under my Mommas skirt spewing mealy-mouthed dual meaning BS.

It would be nice to see some prophetic posts from 7-8 years ago by other experts when they were still losing that it was all a mirage and Dabo was building a juggernaught dynasty that would dethrone Bammer, revealing itself for all the world to see mid-decade or thereabouts.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
OMG! This is a pissing match. Fact is I was pissed when Curry left but by 1990 I was so glad he did. It was a major upgrade and ironic because Curry was told that he should take the ALA job if he ever wanted to win a Championship. I bet the remaining Curry recruits wouldn't give their rings back to have had him stay. Now that I have given my 2 cents worth, please back to KEY!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.