Braves Regular Season

Poodletop

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m thinking about all the games lost due to injuries to Strider, Acuna, Ozzie, Harris, Riley, Murphy etc. Yeah every team has injuries but this season was ridiculous. Maybe 8 to 10 more wins?

Poodletop

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok if I’ve got this right if Braves and Mets split the doubleheader both are in. Dbacks need a sweep by one team or the other. I think Schwellenback is starting the first game and Sale will start the second if absolutely necessary. Ideally Braves win first game and then hold Sale for the first wildcard game. 🤷🏻‍♂️

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Agree 💯
Every game counts in the year end win total.
All of us here were saying this as the season wore on - that these blown games against inferior teams would haunt the Braves at the end. Here we are and yes, they are.

Certainly, with almost 800 games missed by starters this season, the injuries hurt badly. However, the relentless unwillingness to play any sort of small ball and/or refrain from repeatedly cycling through ineffective relief pitchers against those teams hurt as well. I’d agree maybe 6-10 wins over the season. With a half-dozen more wins we would have secured the wild card and would be challenging the Phils for the division even with the injuries.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Relax like me, bro.

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Braves.com has Grant Holmes starting the second game. If so, you have got to be freaking KIDDING ME. Snit channeling his inner Fredi Gonzales. OMG!

ETA: Mets start Lucchesi, who has started 1 game this year and has a 10 ERA. Is this a joke?

Last edited: