Braves Regular Season

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Turn out the light the party’s over.
They say all good things must end.

Call it a night the party’s over.
And tomorrow starts the same old thing again.

Howard The Duck Dancing GIF

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I don't ever root to miss the playoffs. Not in my dna. But, you almost wonder if missing them would light some fire under em for next year. We've seemed in a fog all year.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Will we see a new coaching staff in Atlanta next year? Kick Snit up to a gig in leadership off the field?
It’s systemic. Olson’s HR had a 41 degree launch angle. Whatever happened to a level swing? If you hit a ball with a 20-40 degree launch angle, if it doesn’t go out then it’s just a long or high out. However, if you hit is level, there are a lot of things that can happen. Those RISP might even score.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It isn't coaching that's the problem. It's the players.

Nope. Their approach at the plate is elementary, no adjustments. Their performance on the basepaths is laughable. These are why they can't score.

A man on 2nd with 2 outs wasn't going on contact, ended up at 3rd instead of scoring. Why? 3rd base coach's poor decision. Of course they end up losing by 1 run.

This happened in the 8th inning (iirc) of a game they HAD to win.

The little things add up. They have enough players to win these games, even after the injuries.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Their approach at the plate is elementary, no adjustments. Their performance on the basepaths is laughable. These are why they can't score.

A man on 2nd with 2 outs wasn't going on contact, ended up at 3rd instead of scoring. Why? 3rd base coach's poor decision. Of course they end up losing by 1 run.

The little things add up. They have enough players to win these games, even after the injuries.
I’d say it’s both, no need to be binary. Wash sent runners with abandon, Tuisosgfresghju doesn’t. The Braves lose both because the aggressiveness is gone and they try to jack every pitch out of the park, with a bit of crappy relief pitching sprinkled over the top. Just not a real good team right now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

I blame that on the player. Heck, even I know that with 2 out runners go on contact. Shouldn't need a "coach" at any level above middle school to tell you that when you are on the base path.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If they fail the get into the playoffs, it'll just free up some evenings not to be worried about how they are doing and save me some $$$ from not going to a game or two or three.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I blame that on the player. Heck, even I know that with 2 out runners go on contact. Shouldn't need a "coach" at any level above middle school to tell you that when you are on the base path.
I tend to agree but not thrilled about the coaching either and that extends to Seitzer, the hitting coach.

Bottom line though, most often you are what you are. These Braves have little enthusiasm, lack aggressiveness, try to jack dingers with every swing, and give away too many games with poor relief pitching. IMPO, they are just not a real good team at this point. The blame is spread around to everyone except the starting rotation.

This is not the 2021 team that slumped badly in the first half then roared to life and blew away all others in the way to the WS trophy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’d say it’s both, no need to be binary. Wash sent runners with abandon, Tuisosgfresghju doesn’t. The Braves lose both because the aggressiveness is gone and they try to jack every pitch out of the park, with a bit of crappy relief pitching sprinkled over the top. Just not a real good team right now.

Fair. And I didn't intend to absolve the players. I just think, when you see consistent issues with their approach to the game, that's coaching.

If they weren't doing what the coaches wanted them to do, it would be known.