Braves Regular Season

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The Braves don’t understand situational hitting and, as far as anyone can tell, don’t practice it. It’s swing for the fences no matter the situation or count.
Braves are proving that no matter how good your pitchingis, without inntelligent offense ot scratch out a couple of runs a game, you'll lose.

no post-season for this bunch. And the Oakland trades look really bad this year. Sean Murphy has, what, 15 RBIs on the season.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Braves are proving that no matter how good your pitchingis, without inntelligent offense ot scratch out a couple of runs a game, you'll lose.

no post-season for this bunch. And the Oakland trades look really bad this year. Sean Murphy has, what, 15 RBIs on the season.
It's even worse when you consider that we gave up Contreras as part of getting Murphy. Contreras has been world's better than Murphy has been since the trade.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Also… anyone here think that Jackson in the 7th was ever going to be better than Lopez pitching that inning? Hmm. Didn’t think so.

If I had the energy, I would go back and figure how many games the Braves’ middle reliever has blown who replaced a Braves starter having given up 3 runs or less. I bet it’s at least 15 games. What difference would that make now?

Brotha, Lose Jackson wasn't gonna be better than you or me in the 7th or any other inning for that matter.

San Francisco GM probably laughed his head off when we asked for him back via trade.

Olson and Murphy literally take the same swing every at bat, every situation. It's maddening.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Brotha, Lose Jackson wasn't gonna be better than you or me in the 7th or any other inning for that matter.

San Francisco GM probably laughed his head off when we asked for him back via trade.

Olson and Murphy literally take the same swing every at bat, every situation. It's maddening.
To me, this is what made FF so valuable at the plate. We all remember him dropping his shoulder and getting hit after hit to the opposite field against the shift. It’s why we call him a hitter with power rather than simply a power hitter.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
To me, this is what made FF so valuable at the plate. We all remember him dropping his shoulder and getting hit after hit to the opposite field against the shift. It’s why we call him a hitter with power rather than simply a power hitter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to trade Olson for him. Why not? If I'm LA, I'd laugh us off the phone.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to trade Olson for him. Why not? If I'm LA, I'd laugh us off the phone.
Olson and Fried for Freeman. Would they laugh? Braves have Sale, Strider, Lopez, and Schwells. Starting pitching is in good shape.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It's even worse when you consider that we gave up Contreras as part of getting Murphy. Contreras has been world's better than Murphy has been since the trade.
It's not even close yet no one brings it up. Probably could've kept Contreras long term for cheaper too.
Murphy was better than Contreras last year. Murphy hit more homers and had almost as many rbis in about 35 less games. Contreras is always going to hit for a better average though.

Contreras has definitely been better this year but I also think that injury really derailed Murphy. Obliques linger the whole year usually. I still believe that was an even trade for both sides.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Murphy was better than Contreras last year. Murphy hit more homers and had almost as many rbis in about 35 less games. Contreras is always going to hit for a better average though.

Contreras has definitely been better this year but I also think that injury really derailed Murphy. Obliques linger the whole year usually. I still believe that was an even trade for both sides.
I don't know if true, but I also heard that Contreras was not so good in the clubhouse. I think Murphy and Contreras pretty close, with WC having the edge offensively and Murph having the edge defensively. Here are some defensive stat comparisons:
Blocks: SM +9/WC -2
Framing: SM +1/WC -2
Pop Time: SM 1.95/ WC 1.97
Caught Stealing: SM -1/ WC -1

The blocks differential is huge. It might indicate a little laziness on the part of WC. The Brewers are in the bottom 1/4 (with the Braves) of the league in WPs.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wait… no… wait… what is this thing the Braves are doing? They’ve hit like 6 singles/FCs in a row and have generated 3 in the 2nd.

Somebody pinch me, I mist be dreaming.

Spoiler alert, you may be dreaming. Looking like the Braves bats have fizzled out again. Leaving the starter out to dry again so far.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Spoiler alert, you may be dreaming. Looking like the Braves bats have fizzled out again. Leaving the starter out to dry again so far.
Looks like Fried is doing fine to me. Yes, the Braves don’t have a hit since the 2nd inning. SMH.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That dayum Raisel ...

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He's out there fighting for his life. Bats giving him minimal help.
Snit left him in and he finished 7 with 1 unearned run. Snit almost put Jackson out there for the 6th cause it was his 3rd time through.