Braves Regular Season

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep. I prayed that tater ball Chavez just gave up would get caught and, magically, it did. 🤷‍♂️
We ain’t winning tonight. We may not win tomorrow night against Nola. Should have offered him more money to pitch for us instead of against us. We generally hit Nola better than Wheeler, but it’s still a tough outing.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
PHI hasn't been good lately tho. They're a better team at home than when on the road. Only difference between this series and the one from last week or so.
How’d you get to be featured? What are you featuring? Do I even wanna know?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ah well, there goes the division. Braves acquitted themselves very well vs PHI all year. The difference is they handled their business vs all the lesser teams while ATL struggled with injuries.

It really can't be overstated how bad injuries were this year. Even after all that, braves are still in the mix.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Ah well, there goes the division. Braves acquitted themselves very well vs PHI all year. The difference is they handled their business vs all the lesser teams while ATL struggled with injuries.

It really can't be overstated how bad injuries were this year. Even after all that, braves are still in the mix.
Yeah, I will be very happy just making the playoffs this year.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The Braves have won more games (46) against >.500 teams than any other team in MLB this season, yet find themselves 1 game above the Mets for the last wildcard slot in the NL.

I love Snit, but IMPO, team has been mismanaged badly this season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Braves have won more games (46) against >.500 teams than any other team in MLB this season, yet find themselves 1 game above the Mets for the last wildcard slot in the NL.

I love Snit, but IMPO, team has been mismanaged badly this season.

I get that they've navigated the injuries pretty well ,and he'll get tremendous credit for that.

But if you break down a lot of in-game decisions, I think they've left a lot of meat on the bones.

Them choosing waaaaay too late in the year to start bunting situationally, for example. Like, if you realize that's a weapon you can use and basically 4-5 guys are struggling at the plate any dayum way, why do you need to be 9 games back and struggling to score before you start doing it?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I get that they've navigated the injuries pretty well ,and he'll get tremendous credit for that.

But if you break down a lot of in-game decisions, I think they've left a lot of meat on the bones.

Them choosing waaaaay too late in the year to start bunting situationally, for example. Like, if you realize that's a weapon you can use and basically 4-5 guys are struggling at the plate any dayum way, why do you need to be 9 games back and struggling to score before you start doing it?
My biggest (as you know) issue is the way they have handled pitchers. Way too much situational crap. It’s just *very* odd to me how pitchers used to be able to navigate the terrors of pitching to batters on both sides of the plate. IMPO, that does a handful of bad things: 1) It causes cycling through pitchers which increases the probability of finding a guy who doesn’t have it that night, 2) it leads to removing a pitcher who is throwing well based on a statistical supposition, 3) it overuses the bullpen ahead of times when you really need a fresh arm, and 4) it creates a soft mentality of not having fight through tough innings.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My biggest (as you know) issue is the way they have handled pitchers. Way too much situational crap. It’s just *very* odd to me how pitchers used to be able to navigate the terrors of pitching to batters on both sides of the plate. IMPO, that does a handful of bad things: 1) It causes cycling through pitchers which increases the probability of finding a guy who doesn’t have it that night, 2) it leads to removing a pitcher who is throwing well based on a statistical supposition, 3) it overuses the bullpen ahead of times when you really need a fresh arm, and 4) it creates a soft mentality of not having fight through tough innings.

I dont fully agree but I can see where you're coming from.

Did they ever say what was going on with the pitching coach? I know he's away from the team dealing with a personal matter but I thought he would be back. Maybe not.

I dont think the issues you highlight are due to his absence, I was just ccurious.

The biggest issue I have is the fact that, from the PHI series last year to now, they haven't been able to adjust to teams attacking them with fastballs.

PHI showed that it was an issue and they haven't adjusted to it at all. Most teams were scared to throw fastballs last year. But after seeing PHI do it and mow them down, that's what teams are doing this year. Surprise, surprise, the offense has struggled.