Brad Stewart

DRad hired PJ and football was a priority to him. I think he gets smeared by bitter Tech fans because he bolted for greener pastures.
Sorry, I never liked the man from the beginning. And if football was a priority for him, why didn't he do anything to appeal to and appease the fans, both existing and potential. And why did he throw Johnson under the bus, leading to the sham NCAA probation. All DRad was interested in was building, not that there is anything intrinsically wrong with that, but he raised and spent money for building, but didn't raise or spend money on staff. I'm not bitter because he left for "greener pastures." I was glad to see him go. And the Clemson alums that I know are not overly happy with him up there either, for much the same reasons that I was not happy with him.

Milwaukee

Banned
And the Clemson alums that I know are not overly happy with him up there either, for much the same reasons that I was not happy with him.

I wasn't aware that he threw Paul under the bus and got us placed on probation. #DieDanDie

Re: Clemson Alum
They played for the Natty last year and are on track to make the playoff again. Their coaching staff is solid and well paid. And they're not happy with him? I wish we had those problems.

Sorry, back to Brad.

I wasn't aware that he threw Paul under the bus and got us placed on probation. #DieDanDie

Re: Clemson Alum
They played for the Natty last year and are on track to make the playoff again. Their coaching staff is solid and well paid. And they're not happy with him? I wish we had those problems.

Sorry, back to Brad.
DRad is not the coach; Dabo is. There is very little that DRad can do to screw up the already great fan-funding that Clemson gets, but he definitely screwed up the fan-funding that Tech gets, or WAS getting. He's not responsible for Clemson's success as much as Clemson is responsible for his success. As far as throwing Johnson under the bus, DRad was told by the NCAA not to tell CPJ what was going on, and he did anyway, resulting in CPJ getting the blame for the sham infraction and causing the NCAA to charge Tech with not cooperating with the NCAA investigation.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I never liked the man from the beginning. And if football was a priority for him, why didn't he do anything to appeal to and appease the fans, both existing and potential. And why did he throw Johnson under the bus, leading to the sham NCAA probation. All DRad was interested in was building, not that there is anything intrinsically wrong with that, but he raised and spent money for building, but didn't raise or spend money on staff. I'm not bitter because he left for "greener pastures." I was glad to see him go. And the Clemson alums that I know are not overly happy with him up there either, for much the same reasons that I was not happy with him.
I do not recall a newly hired superintendent or college president talk about curriculum, core, AP, teaching skills out of the box. Always and without fail a new hire will immediately lunch into building something and that takes the heat off doe at least a couple of years. But education is hard. Building is easy. I don't know about his skills, but it is true that his first Clemson projects were buildings -- a basketball arena, an indoor football practice site, etc. He would really be tested, wouldn't he, if Swinney did more than just flirt with another job? He has played every card right to get money for football. I guess it would not be a stretch to say an AD was in the same category. And call the coaches generals and every president has dealt with them by just tossing money at them.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Do not understand all the gnashingof teeth over a dropped pass. It has happened to every receiver that ever played the game. Big deal.

Now, calling a fair catch on a punt while on your own 5 yard line? THAT is an issue.
I'm sure you can tell us what he was coached to do on every punt, in every situation, in every game this year. I'll wait.

LibertyTurns

Banned
And dare I say that I am sure on the 63-yarder that Stewart turned to look ... into the sun.
He knows how to do it now!! Great coaching probably along with a lot of hard practice.

Brad was playing hurt as well. Just think of what a healthy BS would have done to that pathetic mutt secondary. Can't wait until next year when we break the curse of The Flats.

He knows how to do it now!! Great coaching probably along with a lot of hard practice.

Brad was playing hurt as well. Just think of what a healthy BS would have done to that pathetic mutt secondary. Can't wait until next year when we break the curse of The Flats.
Don't mean this as a knock on JT, but a little bit better pass, and BS would have scored.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
JT has been late with his passes all year long. I think it's a recognition thing, but the guys have been open enough that it hasn't mattered to the catch. Not a criticism, just an observation.
Was he late, or was he short? I thought the latter. And am I mistaken or has Stewart very quietly supplanted Jeune as the go-to WR? And how many times over the last nine years how we noted a wide open receiver in the middle of the field who was ignored by the QB? I wonder if there is a very rigid progression that results in one target regardless.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure you can tell us what he was coached to do on every punt, in every situation, in every game this year. I'll wait.

So you want to call me out for defending him on a dropped pass?

As for what I know vs what you know, I am very willing to bet he is coached not to fair catch a punt on his own 5 as compared to what your analysis would be.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
My money is on Stewart getting the catching it inside the 10-yd line thing fixed. Remember, this is just his first year returning punts on this level.

Overall I feel very good about having him back there. I also think the drop on the bomb is just part of doing business for a receiver. It's not easy to take a ball over the shoulder going full tilt. It's the repeat offenders that begin to drive one nuts (a la Stephen Hill). Stewart's got good hands.

Solid player adds value on O and ST's. Two more years for him as well. I thought he broke out pretty well as a sophmore.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the dropback pivot has anything to do with it?

Was he late, or was he short? I thought the latter...[ ]...I wonder if there is a very rigid progression that results in one target regardless.

I'm not sure if it's his progression or how quickly [or slowly] he recognizes who's going to be open. I've noticed in games throughout the season that he's not necessarily anticipating the receiver breaking open and putting the ball where the receiver's going to be open. He's typically throwing the ball once he sees the receiver open. I don't know if that's a QB-Rec. familiarity thing or what, but I don't remember seeing it much in 2014. I don't think he had much time to think last year, so it's become apparent to me this year. This has been mostly on short passing routes. On long routes and flies, he tends to leave it a little short when the receiver's wide open (which I'm okay with).