Brad Stewart

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Bruh, it's a thread about one of our starting WRs who got injured yesterday. You should probably drop the chip off your shoulder about the kid and just let him be another guy on the team instead of holding a grudge from his recruitment.
I really have no idea what you're talking about and not sure you do. As to his recruitment, I don't follow recruiting, particularly on a message board filled up with guys with more opinions than facts and vaguely recall him being offered late. Coaches are paid to recruit and actually know something about it. My reference was to just another long, drawn out, world without end amen Brad Stewart thread.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Those that never dropped a ball, has never had one thrown their way. I have watched major leaguers drop routine catches. Saw Willie Davis drop three in one inning, in the Workd Series, for the Dodgers way back in the 60's. And he was a good outfielder.
Actually he only dropped two. Routine flies. The third error came when he decided to make up for the previous error by chunking the ball into the upper deck. But stop reminding me that the hall of fame career of Sandy Koufax ended with such ignominy behind him.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
he was looking straight back into that sun.BRUTAL!
Naw. I watched the replay today, when that play happened I paid special attention. Like I thought, the sun was behind him to the SW. His shadow points to the EDGE CENTER while the ball was coming straight down the hash. His view of the ball was towards the SE not SW. It was a drop. I'm over it and ready to move on.

Naw. I watched the replay today, when that play happened I paid special attention. Like I thought, the sun was behind him to the SW. His shadow points to the EDGE CENTER while the ball was coming straight down the hash. His view of the ball was towards the SE not SW. It was a drop. I'm over it and ready to move on.
At 2 or 2:30 in the afternoon, the sun is not in the SW. It was probably SSE, or S.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
angles-360deg.gif

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
At 2 or 2:30 in the afternoon, the sun is not in the SW.
Uh, yes it is. Shadows don't lie. Look at it this way, the sun will only be up for 2.5 more hours. It rose at 7 am, more than 7 hours before that play, but will set only a couple hours later. It is well past due south at this time of day, after the end of daylight savings. There is a reason why the west stands are in the shade while the east is still in the sun. If you watch the tape, shadows on the field are pointing to the Edge Center.

Uh, yes it is. Shadows don't lie. Look at it this way, the sun will only be up for 2.5 more hours. It rose at 7 am, more than 7 hours before that play, but will set only a couple hours later. It is well past due south at this time of day, after the end of daylight savings. There is a reason why the west stands are in the shade while the east is still in the sun. If you watch the tape, shadows on the field are pointing to the Edge Center.
All I can say is that I sit in the upper east, and the sun was still to my left and not hitting me in the forward part of my face.

Animal02

Banned
http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/atlanta-georgia.html
2 pm it would have been 30 degrees to the southwest.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Just checked timeanddate.com. At 2:15PM last Saturday, the sun had an altitude of 30º and a heading of 211º. Solar noon was right at game time. Not trying to be a smart aleck. :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/atlanta

Dear lord people. Anybody found a picture of the guy on the grassy knoll yet? It was a mistake. It happens to all wide receivers. Fortunately for us, it happened in a game where we still easily won. I am sure he has already moved past it. Hopefully he just gets himself healthy now.