Brad Stewart

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I felt bad for him on the wide open drop. Man, I'm glad something like that happened this week instead of next week vs the gaggers. I hope he's ready to go!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agreed. Look, we all could see that was a horrible play on his part. Anybody who has ever played sports for any length of time has made a play like that in their lives. If they deny doing so, they are an effing liar. That play will not define him in any way shape or form. It happens. He has made a bunch of tough grabs this year winning contested balls pretty consistently. Had he made a string of drops like that in his career so far, it would be one thing. He might be our most sure handed player. Like most of us, I was sorely disappointed in the moment. We are a team. The team picked him up and made plays to win. End of story.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Look, we all could see that was a horrible play on his part. Anybody who has ever played sports for any length of time has made a play like that in their lives. If they deny doing so, they are an effing liar. That play will not define him in any way shape or form. It happens. He has made a bunch of tough grabs this year winning contested balls pretty consistently. Had he made a string of drops like that in his career so far, it would be one thing. He might be our most sure handed player. Like most of us, I was sorely disappointed in the moment. We are a team. The team picked him up and made plays to win. End of story.

It was not that apparent at the game but the TV replay shows clearly that several players facing south were having trouble squinting and shading their eyes from the sun. On that play Stewart was looking directly into the sun and was probably the reason for the drop.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Saw him on crutches after the game. He seemed to only be using them as a precaution. Seemed to be walking and putting weight on his legs or ankles.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. People remember Bay Bay for all the great plays he made, not for his boneheaded drop in the '09 UGA game. (no sun in his eyes, either.)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
From the replay at the game, it looked like he committed the cardinal sin (using that a lot today) of all WRs: he started running before he had the ball caught. It was a great throw and he could see an open field in front of him. When the ball landed in his arms, he was already turning to run up field. And he dropped it.

No doubt this will be a "coaching point" (i.e. intensive yelling) for him until next year. From the looks of things, however, I would guess that Jalen Camp starts against the Dwags. MIght have him back for the bowl, however.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was sitting right at the tunnel as he walked into the locker room, he was walking very gingerly. I would say he won't be at 100% next week, if he can play at all.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

he was looking straight back into that sun.BRUTAL!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Re-watch the TV replay. I thought the same as many here, but the replay shows him watching the ball all the way in (hit him in the face shield) with his eyes in the shade of his helmet. I think he just misjudged the balls trajectory and did not adjust. I would post a video and end the discussion, but I don't like making vids of bad plays.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Those that never dropped a ball, has never had one thrown their way. I have watched major leaguers drop routine catches. Saw Willie Davis drop three in one inning, in the Workd Series, for the Dodgers way back in the 60's. And he was a good outfielder.

Animal02

Banned
I never did....but I was only a lowly lineman. ;)

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Re-watch the TV replay. I thought the same as many here, but the replay shows him watching the ball all the way in (hit him in the face shield) with his eyes in the shade of his helmet. I think he just misjudged the balls trajectory and did not adjust. I would post a video and end the discussion, but I don't like making vids of bad plays.
I agree. He was looking SE not SW. What I did see was the ball drifting late in the pass. That wind was tough. The last few feet of that pass would've made Phil Niekro smile.