Brad Stewart

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's exactly the play I'm talking about.

I was sitting 3 rows back when it happened and Youtube confirms my memory.

Well! That's not how I remembered it.

You're right. Reggie threw a bad ball. This was one time that it was unfortunate that Calvin could get his hands on anything near him. Had he not touched it, we probably win that game. Oh well. That's History.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That's exactly the play I'm talking about.

I was sitting 3 rows back when it happened and Youtube confirms my memory.

Should have ran a speed option to the wide side with Ball and PJ Daniels, with Cox as the blocking back. LOTS of space to that side after CJ went in motion. Defenders were bunched into the box, and two defenders vacated that side and went with CJ to the other side.

^^This is the thought you get after having CPJ as your coach.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
At this time of year, the sun's rays are perpendicular to the earth at about 12 degrees south. The sun will not appear as if 34 degrees north at anytime during the day. So, the light will not appear as if due west.
I just cannot let this pass without saying how much I really like it. I just don't understand a word of it. I think you're saying the sun wasn't in his eyes?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I just cannot let this pass without saying how much I really like it. I just don't understand a word of it. I think you're saying the sun wasn't in his eyes?
Yes, I'm saying that at this time of year, it's clear that the sun rises in the SE and sets in the SW.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
But is the stadium built true north and south? I kinda doubt it. I-85 dang sure doesn't run true north/south.

I'd watch the replay if I wanted to know for sure.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought I was done commenting on this play, but I have been sucked back in. The throw was straight down the hash nearest to the west stands going from S to N. BS was approaching the ball from the west side boundary outside the hash on the post. This would have him generally looking for the ball in the SSE direction. The shadows on the field were pointing from the SW corner of the field to the NE corner (pretty much directly behind BS and pointing in the direction he was running). The sun was not a factor and at least 40 degrees away from the direction he was looking for the ball and at least 25 degrees from the actual reverse travel of the ball itself. Take it from a guy who has tracked a lot of flying baseballs in a sunny field of play. Having the sun that far from the ball is not a problem. If you think the sun was in his eyes, please please go back and watch the tape before you comment any further. Additionally, I sit in the north stands behind the goal posts looking south to watch every game. The sun was decidedly to my right of center and over the southern end of the west stands from my perspective. BS Stewart was not looking for the ball in that direction.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
But is the stadium built true north and south? I kinda doubt it. I-85 dang sure doesn't run true north/south.

I'd watch the replay if I wanted to know for sure.
My money is that the stadium is true N-S. If you have Google Earth you can draw a line down the down the axis of the field or corresponding parts of the stadium and GE will tell you the bearing/heading of the that line is ≈180º

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
That was a drop. It was a poorly thrown ball and a poor drop. I was there, made me sick.

Happy Thanksgiving and all, but that's horsecrap. Try catching the ball as your legs are simultaneously being taken out from under you, and reaching back the opposite direction from which you run. It's like calling an error on Ozzie smith for getting a glove on a ball no other shortstop could get to.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry for the threadjack, but if you ever wonder what the Tech Fund has done for attendance generally and in the upper east specifically, just look at the UE in that clip from 2005. It was filled to the gills on a Thursday night with a total attendance of over 51k. We pulled the same numbers for Wake a few weeks later.

This was a typical Chan team with some very good upsets (Auburn and Miami) and some headscratcher losses like to NC State and UVA.

We were certainly not a year removed from an Orange Bowl victory like we were last year when we had the exact same problems in the upper east.

Sorry for the threadjack, but if you ever wonder what the Tech Fund has done for attendance generally and in the upper east specifically, just look at the UE in that clip from 2005. It was filled to the gills on a Thursday night with a total attendance of over 51k. We pulled the same numbers for Wake a few weeks later.

This was a typical Chan team with some very good upsets (Auburn and Miami) and some headscratcher losses like to NC State and UVA.

We were certainly not a year removed from an Orange Bowl victory like we were last year when we had the exact same problems in the upper east.
I have said that from the beginning, when DRad shoved that down our throats. I have sat in the same seats in the upper east since 1967, and it used to always be full. As soon as DRad sprang the ticket fee on us, saying, in essence, take it or leave, the number of ticket holders there has diminished steadily, dropping probably by more than 50% the first year. We should not object to a ticket fee, since every other school in the country has them, but the way DRad implemented it did not take into consdieration the fans and long-time season ticket holders in the least. I would love it if TStan would drop that fee considerably and encourage regular giving to the Alexander-Tharpe Fund, or some other fund-raising endeavor like Clemson's IPTAY fund. I just hope it's not too late to mend the fences that DRad broke.