Bracketology - Let's Do This

slugboy

Staff member
This could get really interesting. The ACC could have all 4 of the first 4 out. Clemson and Louisville and North Carolina are just inside the line and Duke and Syracuse can inch closer to it if they keep going and win a couple.
We’re 37 in NET, Clemson was 36 before today’s game, and UNC is 39th. If we win tomorrow, it seems like we’d be ahead of Clemson and UNC on almost every yardstick that the NCAA uses.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ACC in the NET: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings
  • #14 - Virginia
  • #22 - FSU
  • #32 - North Carolina (up from #39)
  • #37 - Georgia Tech (stayed same)
  • #39 - Syracuse (up from #49)
  • #40 - Clemson (down from #36)
  • #44 - Virginia Tech (down from #42)
  • #51 - Duke (stayed same)
  • #57 - Louisville (down from #52)

Louisville has been falling in bracket projections like an AP or Coaches ranking (i.e., bias toward prior ranking), but I'm not sure the NCAAT selection committee is going to care where they were projected 1-2 months ago.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
ACC in the NET: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings
  • #14 - Virginia
  • #22 - FSU

Louisville has been falling in bracket projections like an AP or Coaches ranking (i.e., bias toward prior ranking), but I'm not sure the NCAAT selection committee is going to care where they were projected 1-2 months ago.
UNC wins today that maybe another quad 1 win

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
  • #14 - Virginia
  • #22 - FSU

Still crazy that Clemson is a 6 seed in bracketmatrix. Feels like they should be around us in terms of expected seed.

Deleted member 2897

• #14 - Virginia
  • #22 - FSU

If Duke wins again, we could have 8 teams in the tournament. Now granted 5 of them might be 10-12 seeds, LOL.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think we are safely in the NCAAT, so I am posting mainly for conversation. This is an unprecedented variable that could make the bubble selection more difficult than just waiting out conference tournaments. Can't fault Xavier for trying.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I think we are safely in the NCAAT, so I am posting mainly for conversation. This is an unprecedented variable that could make the bubble selection more difficult than just waiting out conference tournaments. Can't fault Xavier for trying.

WILD. Feel like I would ignore that game if I were the selection committee. Who would they even play? Would have to be another team with something on the line (bubble team) for it to matter. Not impressive to beat a team who’s season is already over and not playing for anything. And I doubt any team comfortably in/out would care to play another game.

slugboy

Staff member
MichSt goes down. Some of the teams are falling out, but bid stealers are on the rise.
Syracuse is on the bubble, and probably on the wrong side. A win today probably would have put them in

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
We were a 4 seed in the ACC tournament, but there was clearly a lot of skepticism about us being the 4th best team. Playing in the semifinals cements that we are the 4th best team (at least) in the ACC. Strangely enough, we needed to win today to be 100% sure we are in the dance. Say hello, Rodney Dangerfield.

Now, will we get any respect in seeding?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

We've been upgraded from "Work Left To Do" to "Should Be In" with our Miami win.

"Considering its solid position relative to much of the remaining teams on the bubble — Tech is as high as a 10-seed in many brackets — it’s getting more and more difficult to see how this team will miss the NCAA Tournament."

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow

We've been upgraded from "Work Left To Do" to "Should Be In" with our Miami win.

"Considering its solid position relative to much of the remaining teams on the bubble — Tech is as high as a 10-seed in many brackets — it’s getting more and more difficult to see how this team will miss the NCAA Tournament."

Georgia Tech (15-8, 11-6; NET: 37, SOS: 46): Count ’em. Seven, as in that’s Georgia Tech’s seventh win in a row. No, Thursday’s ACC tourney victory over Miami wasn’t particularly inspiring. The Hurricanes have been really bad (and really injured) all season, and their NET of 150 makes them a Quadrant 3 opponent even on a neutral court. The Yellow Jackets had to scrape by too, dealing with a Jose Alvarado injury in the first half that could have been especially damaging had it a) been worse or b) led to Georgia Tech losing. But Alvarado returned, and Tech hung on. The upshot? It’s not like Georgia Tech improved its résumé or leapfrogged a bunch of teams by beating Miami; what it did do is avoid a truly bad loss (which would have been its third, alongside Mercer and Georgia State) and simultaneously set itself up to play Virginia on Friday, a game in which a defeat wouldn’t really hurt. Considering its solid position relative to much of the remaining teams on the bubble — Tech is as high as a 10-seed in many brackets — it’s getting more and more difficult to see how this team will miss the NCAA Tournament