Bracketology - Let's Do This

Deleted member 2897

Andy Katz has us ranked #27 in the country:

He has 7 ACC teams in the top 36 and has Clemson just outside it...so 8 teams making the tournament.

Jerry Palm has us as a #10 seed playing #7 UConn...winner would be in #2 Alabama's bracket:

Joe Lunardi still lists us as a bubble team (LOLOLOLO) coming in as a #11 to face #6 Oklahoma and then #3 Villanova.

But Oklahoma is 9-8 in the Big 12 and 14-9 overall. So most of these predictions have us facing teams that are pretty similar to us.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Jerry Palm is one of the lesser accurate bracketologists according to bracketmatrix but I would take that and its the same region as Bracketville has us in (most accurate of the last 5 years)

Also, looking closer at some of these potential brackets... Big 10 may not get a team in the final 4. Michigan has looked kind of meh and i've seen them with like WVU or Kansas in there bracket. Iowa is stuck with Gonzaga. Ohio state may be a 2 seed, but I think Baylor would destroy them if they don't get upset on the way there. I think Illinois has been on fire lately, but I've seen them in the same region has Ok St and I would not want to see them.

Edit: After typing that I've discovered I'm apparently favoring Big12 teams.

slugboy

Staff member
Mercer and GaSt both playing in their respective conference championship games tonight, would definitely lessen the blow of that 0-2 start if we can say that we lost to two tournament teams.
No such luck—both lost in their championship games tonight, but played well to get there

LibertyTurns

Banned
We’re probably the most dangerous #25-35 there is. We should win 1 NCAAT game but may win none, we could win 2 and it would not be surprising, 3 wins would not be shocking. Anything north of that and it will be hard to believe but then again maybe not. The ACCT is wide open as I think the french maybe the only team we cannot beat.

I’m so glad for the guys and CJP. It would have been easy to quit, not give your all, go thru the motions and half *** it, work only to get highlight reel plays, etc. They did none of that. Total team effort.

Go Jackets!

Deleted member 2897

In NCAA Net, we didn’t play, and we didn’t move (still at 38)
In KenPom, we’re at 32, and UNC is at 31.
ESPN’s BPI has us at 36 and VT at 35.
Sagarin has us at 40 and Louisville at 39.

I am one of the people who has been super butthurt about all these ratings systems. But realizing the downside that comes with an 8/9 seed, I'm happy to sit there and take 10 or 11. I think if we win multiple games in the ACCT we'd jump past the 8/9 because of who we'd be beating. If we won our first game, it would likely be against Clemson (NET 36). If we won again, it would likely be against Virginia (NET 13). And then someone like Florida State (NET 22) would make it to the finals on the other side. You win a couple of those games and your NET is probably dropping to around 30, which would imply a 7 seed. A lot of the next 10 teams ahead of us in NET will likely lose early in their conference tournaments, so we could pass a lot of people with 2 wins.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
We’re probably the most dangerous #25-35 there is. We should win 1 NCAAT game but may win none, we could win 2 and it would not be surprising, 3 wins would not be shocking. Anything north of that and it will be hard to believe but then again maybe not. The ACCT is wide open as I think the french maybe the only team we cannot beat.

I’m so glad for the guys and CJP. It would have been easy to quit, not give your all, go thru the motions and half *** it, work only to get highlight reel plays, etc. They did none of that. Total team effort.

Go Jackets!
dont want to put the cart before the horse, but it is fun to think about this... i keep thinking how much it would suck to be an opposing coaching staff headed into an elite 8 game vs the GT hybrid zone. of course they scout and plan for it all week in case they win the sweet 16 game, but they cant spend much practice time on it. they basically get 1 short practice (after the sweet 16 win) to prepare their team for it.

Deleted member 2897

Joe Lunardi's update for today still has us as last 4 byes, but has us as an 11 matched up with Tennessee as a 6. Then the 3 is West Virginia and the 2 is Wisconsin and the 1 is Michigan.

This would basically be a meeting of equals in multiple rounds: They finished 4th in the SEC at 10-7. Then, same thing with West Virginia. They finished 4th in the Big 12 at 11-6. Then Wisconsin would be a dream in the freaking 3rd round - they are the 6th place team in the Big Ten at 10-10. The 1 looks vulnerable, having just lost to a horrible Michigan State team and losing 2 of their last 3.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Joe Lunardi's update for today still has us as last 4 byes, but has us as an 11 matched up with Tennessee as a 6. Then the 3 is West Virginia and the 2 is Wisconsin and the 1 is Michigan.

This would basically be a meeting of equals in multiple rounds: They finished 4th in the SEC at 10-7. Then, same thing with West Virginia. They finished 4th in the Big 12 at 11-6. Then Wisconsin would be a dream in the freaking 3rd round - they are the 6th place team in the Big Ten at 10-10. The 1 looks vulnerable, having just lost to a horrible Michigan State team and losing 2 of their last 3.
Wisc will not make it past Houston

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Oh hellllll no. Ok State, WVU, and Houston? Christ that would suck. Illinois and Gonzaga would love that setup though.