Bracket Challenge 2019

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It’s why I love survivor pools. You root for one team to win and literally everyone else to lose. It’s a pessimists wet dream
That and the 10k pot

After I gave up brackets, I was in a survivor pool where you had to pick one winner each day of the tourney.

You could really get sideways when the days switch.

Lost on day 7 back in 2011 when I picked Florida over Butler (Just looked it up). That said, I think I couldn't have gone further because I was out of teams to pick.

If you can survive, the few remaining usually seek to split the pot because it was about $110/entry with well over 1,000 entries.

Awesome way to play the tourney instead of brackets.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
After I gave up brackets, I was in a survivor pool where you had to pick one winner each day of the tourney.

You could really get sideways when the days switch.

Lost on day 7 back in 2011 when I picked Florida over Butler (Just looked it up). That said, I think I couldn't have gone further because I was out of teams to pick.

If you can survive, the few remaining usually seek to split the pot because it was about $110/entry with well over 1,000 entries.

Awesome way to play the tourney instead of brackets.
I look forward to doing it every year. I’m in a 2 entry 25$ buy in with 400 entries and call my dad more thirst two weeks than probably the rest of the year. 4 calls already just today lmao
I won money a few years back so it’s hard not to like. Do a regular pool and a players pool as well. Pick 16 players most points wins

GT_EE78

Banned
Its fun not to get your bracket busted in first few games.I had Va to win last year
Oriental has the early lead by himself with 5/5 and about 20 of us are 2nd with 4 . Yee haa .Go ACC $$$

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I look forward to doing it every year. I’m in a 2 entry 25$ buy in with 400 entries and call my dad more thirst two weeks than probably the rest of the year. 4 calls already just today lmao
I won money a few years back so it’s hard not to like. Do a regular pool and a players pool as well. Pick 16 players most points wins

Basically, brackets are the least fun option this time of year, but most accessible.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
One of the best things I've taken up during March Madness is no longer filling out brackets.

I get to root for absolute chaos completely unfettered.
Its fun not to get your bracket busted in first few games.I had Va to win last year
Oriental has the early lead by himself with 5/5 and about 20 of us are 2nd with 4 . Yee haa .Go ACC $$$
With the way the point structure is set up, you basically have to get the champ right to have a chance. Not enough differentiation in the first 2 rounds to matter.

Game theory + less stress = Meeeeeeeshigan pick. All the ACC champ selections can sweat every game out.

GT_EE78

Banned
With the way the point structure is set up, you basically have to get the champ right to have a chance. Not enough differentiation in the first 2 rounds to matter.

You got it right. pick the champ and then each lower round sequentially is the tie breaker

Deleted member 2897

My family does a snake draft that we love. You pick any team one by one. Every time that team wins, you get points equal to their seed. So for example, if you pick Duke and they win it all (6 wins), you get 6 total points, 1 in each round. If you pick a 6 seed and they win twice, you get 12 points. Because you end up with a ton of seeds all over the place on your own list, typically everyone is still in it into the Final 4.