Bracket Challenge 2019

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Moving on to today, you may not know this by the TV coverage, but there's a really interesting story line building. I've been hearing a lot about this really good player named Zion. Apparently he can really slam dunk the basketball even though he's about 280 lbs. I hope CBS makes it a point to cover him today.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Still in shock that NM State managed to miss 2 of 3 FTs and a wide open baseline 3 in the last 3 seconds. Auburn was cooked and somehow managed to win despite their desperate attempts to give the game away (foul a 3 point shooter, miss a rebound and knock it out of bounds, fail to cover a shooter on baseline OOB)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think we should get a group together next year for a survivor pool or some other variant. I would definitely be down.
I'm down for that and the other alternatives mentioned in this thread.

I also like upset brackets i.e., points for picking the winning team + points for seed differential when there's an "upset". Ex: Murray State beating Marquette is worth 10 points (1 point for picking the winning team + 9 points for seed difference).

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Still in shock that NM State managed to miss 2 of 3 FTs and a wide open baseline 3 in the last 3 seconds. Auburn was cooked and somehow managed to win despite their desperate attempts to give the game away (foul a 3 point shooter, miss a rebound and knock it out of bounds, fail to cover a shooter on baseline OOB)
And NM State was given 3 free throws because, down 1 with 3 seconds to go, their PG had an open lay-up and instead kicked it out for the 3-point attempt. This was also after NM State wasted 10 seconds on the other end before fouling.

Comedy of errors on both sides in the last minute.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Curious about the uglier/grittier comment. I thought the Baylor/Syracuse game was one of the most entertaining games of the day and looked more like a 4/5 match-up based on how they played yesterday. The teams combined to convert 2 shy of an NCAAT record for 3's made in a game. Only 31 fouls called the whole game (which included end of game situation) and not a lot of turnovers.

I must have caught the bulk of the turnovers (mostly by Baylor) when I switched back and forth. They threw a bunch of passes that got deflected when I was watching.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Moving on to today, you may not know this by the TV coverage, but there's a really interesting story line building. I've been hearing a lot about this really good player named Zion. Apparently he can really slam dunk the basketball even though he's about 280 lbs. I hope CBS makes it a point to cover him today.
Yeah I hear that Zion kid likes slam dunks that take him to the hoop and that his favorite play is the alley-oop.

Deleted member 2897

Everyone hang on until dinner. Around 6pm tonight we'll learn if a Pac-12 team can win a game. There are only 3 total. But hey, that's 50% better than last year, and 1 of the 3 had to win a play-in game to even earn the right to get to the first round, LOL. Man how far that conference has fallen. A 9 seed, 11, and 12 LOL. Sad.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Doubt this holds up but gw 15 uva 8. I'd be so happy if the past repeated itself & uva loses to another 16.