Bowling Green Postgame

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Good job today overall. Liked the consistency on offense. The D seems a bit slow and still can not generate much pass rush. We need to blitz more and generate more pressure on the QB. We do not have enough talent on D to play straight up. Somebody needs to step up over there and be the alpha male.

Go Jackets!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I didn't say he should start but what we've seen from TO gives me enough confidence that he should be called upon when TM needs to clear his head.
I know you weren’t referring to starting, I thought you meant just put TO in to put him in. If TM is struggling, I definitely understand what you are saying from that aspect.

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Good job today overall. Liked the consistency on offense. The D seems a bit slow and still can not generate much pass rush. We need to blitz more and generate more pressure on the QB. We do not have enough talent on D to play straight up. Somebody needs to step up over there and be the alpha male.

Go Jackets!
We didn’t get much pressure because they have a lot of 2 and 3 step drops to get the ball out quick. Not many teams are gonna get pressure on that. We had 2 sacks (1 was a forced fumble) and 5 QB hurry,
not to bad to be honest. We also had 6 TFL.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Crowd was much better than I expected. TO deserves some snaps with the first team.

Crowd was pretty decent but I think a lot of folks were there for the high school cheerleaders at the half. Many folks in my section left after halftime. There were about a dozen folks right around me that were there to see a cheerleader. They were mutt fans as evidenced by their woofing when we chanted To Hell With Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Crowd was pretty decent but I think a lot of folks were there for the high school cheerleaders at the half. Many folks in my section left after halftime. There were about a dozen folks right around me that were there to see a cheerleader. They were mutt fans as evidenced by their woofing when we chanted To Hell With Georgia.

Still got their $$$

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!

Tariq is my guy. He is fun to watch.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Nothing to complain about on offense. I would have liked to have seen us work on some different things on the goal line, but I guess that was just nitpicking. Honestly was disappointed in the D. Seemed like the middle of the field was open all-day-long. When we did blitz, which was pretty frequently I thought, we seldom got there. There were a couple of specific plays where we had guys there to make the play on third down ...... and didn’t. On the screen in the second half, no one in the same zip code. That said, we did so some good things on D, including get turnovers & stuff their running game. I guess I was just hoping for a dominating performance and we didn’t get that. Oh yeah, special teams was special today! Been a while since we’ve seen that, so cudos to the team &’coaches on that front!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Interesting tidbits from CPJ post-game, it's worth a watch:
  • "Jahaziel, I can't say enough good things about Jahaziel, cause he went in from tackle and played center when we didn't have anybody." (CPJ gets real close to the microphone when he says this for extra emphasis.)
  • "For Nate sometimes it's frustrating because he doesn't have everything in and sometimes there's stuff you want to run that's not in and so we stay fairly vanilla at times which is what we did on offense. I think the more we are out there the more he'll get in and the more pressure stuff you'll see."
  • "Brad really didn't get one thrown his way but I remember the very first time we cracked the safety, he almost knocked him out over there on their bench."

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Interesting tidbits from CPJ post-game, it's worth a watch:
  • "Jahaziel, I can't say enough good things about Jahaziel, cause he went in from tackle and played center when we didn't have anybody." (CPJ gets real close to the microphone when he says this for extra emphasis.)
  • "For Nate sometimes it's frustrating because he doesn't have everything in and sometimes there's stuff you want to run that's not in and so we stay fairly vanilla at times which is what we did on offense. I think the more we are out there the more he'll get in and the more pressure stuff you'll see."
  • "Brad really didn't get one thrown his way but I remember the very first time we cracked the safety, he almost knocked him out over there on their bench."
Yeah, Stewart completely blew the guy up on that play. I was sort of surprised he didn’t draw a flag b/c his head was behind him.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
What was nice between this game and the Alcorn St game is Alcorn St you could see several drives that would've been stalled against better teams. Didn't necessarily see that today.