Bowling Green Postgame

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We did exactly what we needed to today. Played a clean game on offense, worked on some passing routes, kept the ball off the grass and established all three phases of the option.

I could not be more happy to have the game behind us and see the guys having a moment to enjoy themselves. They’re kids, working hard and getting better. We also got to set some records today which adds to the feel good feelings.

Defense has some work to do, but we knew that and as a positive they are showing they can come up with a few stops and take aways. If we can keep the effectiveness on offense (scoring on first 7 possessions by hitting end zones almost at will) then I think we have a chance to still have a great season.

You all know me. I am an optimist and admit to sometimes having gold glasses on, but I think we may be in the process of turning the corner. Go up to Louisville this Friday and take care of business and we are right back in this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Today showed me we are a definite threat to win....the MAC. Not necessarily anything else.

It was nice to stop making costly mistakes....but until we start to beat Power 5 teams I will not feel much different. Our play calling was about as vanilla as it gets. No real changes in our offense, and it is an offense that has been entirely ineffective against Power 5 teams for a year and a half.....so I am very much in 'wait and see' mode.
Our offense was top 25 in FEI last year..... averaged a little over 27 ppg against power 5 schools and those numbers were way down because of Clemson and UGA who held most every team to very low scores. We had 5 games of more than 30. Offense had some miscues last year, but so did most every other school in college. IMO Your exspectations shouldn’t override what the average offense in football actually does.

Deleted member 2897

Our offense was top 25 in FEI last year..... averaged a little over 27 ppg against power 5 schools and those numbers were way down because of Clemson and UGA who held most every team to very low scores. We had 5 games of more than 30. Offense had some miscues last year, but so did most every other school in college. IMO Your exspectations shouldn’t override what the average offense in football actually does.

His nickname isn’t Nellie by accident. :D

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
On a side note, just browsed GT Footballs social media posts. People are commenting on it fire Paul Johnson for running the score up. You can’t win with these jack wagons.

Lol. We had the backups in and were running simple plays. Not GTs fault no one could or would tackle them.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech did what it should've done today, and that's a good thing. Didn't play down to the level of competition. And while BG today got some yards and 17 points, note that they're a team which scored 24 against Oregon, and played a good Maryland team tight for three quarters. Enjoy today, and look forward to next Friday against Louisville -- a team which has not faced a Tech or Tech-ish option offense in recent history. (Going back to the 2014 season, Louisville has not played Tech, Navy, Army, Air Force, New Mexico, Georgia Southern, or FCS-level The Citadel or Wofford. :))

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Crowd was much better than I expected. TO deserves some snaps with the first team.
TM scored every time he had the ball. TO went into the game during trash time when the other D was probably wore out and he went untouched, he really didn’t even have to make many reads. Nothing against him, he did good, but TM is the starter imo.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
TM scored every time he had the ball. TO went into the game during trash time when the other D was probably wore out and he went untouched, he really didn’t even have to make many reads. Nothing against him, he did good, but TM is the starter imo.
I didn't say he should start but what we've seen from TO gives me enough confidence that he should be called upon when TM needs to clear his head.