Blue. Pants.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
You mean what if Georgia Tech came out in red and black? Of course I'd cheer for Georgia Tech. That's the point. I don't care what they wear as long as they win!

"Well, we got our a$$ handed to us. But man we looked good in those traditional uniform colors that have changed each year for the past 20 years!"--You
Lol nah

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You guys that hate blue and say it defies tradition are crazy. The article below is from 1891...blue was a school color before we every played a single snap of football.

upload_2018-10-12_15-2-4.png

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You guys that hate blue and say it defies tradition are crazy. The article below is from 1891...blue was a school color before we every played a single snap of football.

View attachment 4299

Lol. If 1891 is the new standard for tradition, we should get rid of the Rambling Reck since it’s a 1961 addition. And maybe the term, Yellow Jackets, too.

Navy is not a primary color for GT ... today.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lol. If 1891 is the new standard for tradition, we should get rid of the Rambling Reck since it’s a 1961 addition. And maybe the term, Yellow Jackets, too.

Navy is not a primary color for GT ... today.

So, your argument is that GT can't introduce the regular use of Navy Blue in pants and jerseys because GT has a history of introducing new traditions?

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
I live in SC, so Clemson and South Carolina are my best comparisons. Clemson primarily wears orange and white, but purple is their accent color. They wear purple pants and jerseys periodically. Believe it or not, their fan base overcomes all odds and still comes to the games. South Carolina wears something different every week and occasionally break out some camo. How about Tech wearing camo jerseys for military appreciation day. Would that be OK?

Honestly, I don't know why anyone cares. It literally has no impact on my enjoyment of the game. Zero.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
So, your argument is that GT can't introduce the regular use of Navy Blue in pants and jerseys because GT has a history of introducing new traditions?

I didn’t say anything about blue pants. If you read what I actually said, it was that you can’t cite an earlier “standard” when it’s not the present standard of the school. It’s a fact that navy blue is not a primary color for GT. It’s a secondary.

Regardless, blue pants are hideous. Others think they are beautiful. Everyone has their opinion.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn’t say anything about blue pants. If you read what I actually said, it was that you can’t cite an earlier “standard” when it’s not the present standard of the school. It’s a fact that navy blue is not a primary color for GT. It’s a secondary.

Regardless, blue pants are hideous. Others think they are beautiful. Everyone has their opinion.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
ND helmets have actual flakes of gold in the paint (which is a legit tradition onto itself).

I like the classic Americana of tech gold. That said the players have been quoted multiple times as saying their amped to rock the navy gear.

I’m 33 years old and well beyond my college days. If that’s what gets the kids pumped then I’m all for it. I’m a Tech Man, through and through, and will wear my gold, white and navy gear proudly.

Ps we are 3-0 when I have the navy adidas shorts with the navy CPJ zip up special so will be wearing that again tomorrow.

Go jackets! Give em hell!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk