Blue. Pants.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Qua Searcy said he wished we were wearing all blue. Is he crazy? Does he not know that Duke wears blue. Frankly, I am sick of the players saying they like this or that. They are out there to play, not to have a fashion show. The school colors are WHITE AND GOLD.....PERIOD.
This is the post where you jumped over the shark man. The players have every right to their opinion. Blame are marketing team sure, but the players can get excited for anything.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I originally wasn't a fan of the blue pants but they look ****ing sweet. Wouldn't mind an all-blue with gold domes.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
all the talk about unis..Adidas...new locker rooms...etc. is akin to putting paint on a home with a poor foundation imo. Let's fix the foundation, then paint the house. Seems like an approach that most GT grads would get behind. We are all hat and no cattle.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Blue was much darker than I expected. I thought they were black a la New Orleans Saints on first glance.

Agree. I thought they looked black at first.

I did not like the look because we had 3 primary colors instead of 2 primary and 1 trim.

Just a quirk of mine. I enjoy uni banter concerning all college teams.

Doesn’t matter anymore.

Only thing that matters is CPJ & CMS are more important than the team , the school or the program. Their happiness takes precedence over anything to do with GT FB.

Just got home from the game. Not surprisingly, I thought the unis were drab. No color whatsoever, since even the gold helmets totally washed out in the stadium. We have a unique uniform with white jerseys and gold pants, recognized everywhere, so why the hell tinker with it, other than occasional all white and hopefully one of these days, gold jerseys with white pants. As far as the many objections to what I posted about not caring what the players think, let them start playing like they really care and winning games they are supposed to win, and then maybe I will care what they think.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Just got home from the game. Not surprisingly, I thought the unis were drab. No color whatsoever, since even the gold helmets totally washed out in the stadium. We have a unique uniform with white jerseys and gold pants, recognized everywhere, so why the hell tinker with it, other than occasional all white and hopefully one of these days, gold jerseys with white pants. As far as the many objections to what I posted about not caring what the players think, let them start playing like they really care and winning games they are supposed to win, and then maybe I will care what they think.
GT looked like Navy to me;)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We got boatraced by Clemson while wearing blue jerseys.
We stepped on our crank - again - against Duke while wearing blue pants.
The blues have some bad juju in them.

apparently blue causes fumbles! I think we have solved a problem here via brainstorming.;)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

I'm curious who you think recognizes our uniforms "everywhere?" In my travels around the United States there are quite a lot of people who don't even realize GT HAS a football team much less would be able to recognize our uniforms. Most who glance at our uniforms in passing would likely think they are seeing a Notre Dame game until they take a closer look and realize it's not ND. I don't understand why folks think GT's white on gold uniforms are iconic or recognizable as our brand anywhere outside the southeast. I personally love the white jerseys and gold pants with the gold helmets that have the classic GT on them. I also happen to like the blue jerseys and the blue pants we've worn. I just don't feel like there's this famous brand out there that uniquely identifies GT football by our colors that some people think.

As for not caring what the players think... I wonder why they would play hard for someone like you? If I knew the alums and fans didn't care at all what I thought then I would not give a rats behind what those alums and fans thought. It sucks to lose. It sucks to lose when you are working your tails off. And it sucks to lose when you are working your tails off AND being derided by the people who are supposed to be your fans.

Don't get me wrong. People know who Georgia Tech is. They just couldn't tell you jack about our football program. Or what they can tell you is we run that same offense that Navy runs that bores most people (I'm not most people, I actually like watching a good triple-option offense run well).

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious who you think recognizes our uniforms "everywhere?" In my travels around the United States there are quite a lot of people who don't even realize GT HAS a football team much less would be able to recognize our uniforms. Most who glance at our uniforms in passing would likely think they are seeing a Notre Dame game until they take a closer look and realize it's not ND. I don't understand why folks think GT's white on gold uniforms are iconic or recognizable as our brand anywhere outside the southeast. I personally love the white jerseys and gold pants with the gold helmets that have the classic GT on them. I also happen to like the blue jerseys and the blue pants we've worn. I just don't feel like there's this famous brand out there that uniquely identifies GT football by our colors that some people think.

As for not caring what the players think... I wonder why they would play hard for someone like you? If I knew the alums and fans didn't care at all what I thought then I would not give a rats behind what those alums and fans thought. It sucks to lose. It sucks to lose when you are working your tails off. And it sucks to lose when you are working your tails off AND being derided by the people who are supposed to be your fans.

Don't get me wrong. People know who Georgia Tech is. They just couldn't tell you jack about our football program. Or what they can tell you is we run that same offense that Navy runs that bores most people (I'm not most people, I actually like watching a good triple-option offense run well).

It's taken me a while to come around to this way of thinking, but watching all the shades of gold worn by the fans it occurred to me that it isn't so much a matter of change vs. tradition - our tradition is change. We've worn every shade and hue of gold through the years. We even have three different hues of gold in one uniform, now. The gold GT on the white helmet is a greenish gold, The gold numbers on the white jersey are a tannish hue, and the gold pants and helmet are of a yellower hue of gold. We've worn "T.V. blue" (as I've heard it called) in the 1990 Championship game, and dark navy yesterday. We've worn a still different tone of blue as far back as the '40's.

So all hail the chaotic, chameleo-morphic uniforms. I've decided that the uni I have heretofore despised as lacking basic continuity of color I will now embrace as our monument to our tradition of perpetual transformation - the present white helmet with gold GT, gold pants and white jersey with gold numbers, the one one where we wear three different colors of gold simultaneously trimmed in navy.

It's obviously a long time since the 60s, but during Dodd's days at Tech, our uniforms were indeed one of the most recognizable and appreciated uniforms in the country. Not winning consistently draws the attention elsewhere And it's not winning that has caused people to forget the status we once had or not even know about us at all now. I'm not sure why anyone even today, however, would confuse us with ND. I don't know how often ND wears white jerseys and gold pants, but the image of ND football is certainly not that. Even when they wear white and gold, there is plenty of green on the uniforms (numerals, half-sleeve "undershirts", stripes, etc), but their number one uniform is consistently blue jerseys with gold pants. Although at least once last year they wore "Knute Rockne memorial uniforms" which were white and gold with blue numerals, that was apparently a special uniform. They also sometimes wear all white, all green, green and gold, maybe even green and blue. When we resort to adding blue to our uniforms, it seems to me that we are saying we are not unique and that we are happy with looking like ND or Pitt, or countless other schools for whom blue is a PRIMARY color. Win or lose, I want us to be unique and recognizable to those who do know about us and think the image is important. When I say that I don't care what the players have to say about it, I am saying that the players should be more concerned with coming together as a unit and demonstrating that on the field, which IMO they sure didn't do yesterday, nor for many games over the past two years. If that offends anyone on here, or any players, for that matter, then so be it; that's your or their prerogative, just as it is mine to say what I think. If the team played consistently from week to week and year to year and won games that they are fully capable of winning, then I might care what they had to say about uniforms. Until then, sorry, but I don't.