Blue. Pants.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Is that right? Is the Duke grey considered to be a dark color? I thought the rules required one light colored uniform and one dark colored uniform to avoid situations like this? Wonder if Duke is playing mind games to force us to switch uniforms?
I'm pretty sure it was Duke that made us wear our dark unis at home once before. The away team has the right to allow the home team to wear the light color uniform.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Umm the problem I have is that both teams seem to be wearing close to the same uniform. Tech please make sure you are passing to a tech player. Duke feel free to pass to a tech guy.[/QUOTE said:
So I went and checked the rules....Here is what they say.

1. Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colours. Players on the same team shall wear jerseys of the same colour and design.
  2. The visiting team shall wear white jerseys; however, the home team may wear white jerseys if the teams have agreed in writing before the start of the competition.
  3. If the home team wears coloured jerseys, the visiting team may also wear coloured jerseys, if and only if the following conditions have been satisfied:
    1. The home team has agreed in writing prior to the game; and
    2. The competition authority certifies that the jersey of the visiting team is of a contrasting colour.
  4. If on the kickoff at the start of each half the visiting team wears a coloured jersey in violation of the conditions specified in Rule 1-4-5-b-3 (above), it is a foul for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Be interesting to see if both teams wearing almost identical uniforms will be allowed....

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Yes, but I have yet to see PJ in anything other than navy blue.

Personally, I also like Bear Bryant's look of a tweed hacket and the houndstooth cap. Very easy to ID the head coach. Now, the whole staff looks the same. If CPJ wants to wear navy, fine. But all of the other coaches should wear something else, like white shirts and khakis. I would think you'd want the HC to stand out.

I was watching Nick Saban at a game and he was smartly dressed in a medium gray suit, crimson (of course) tie on a white shirt. Clearly Alabama. On field, crimson pull over and khakis. All of it in stores near you.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I also like Bear Bryant's look of a tweed hacket and the houndstooth cap. Very easy to ID the head coach. Now, the whole staff looks the same. If CPJ wants to wear navy, fine. But all of the other coaches should wear something else, like white shirts and khakis. I would think you'd want the HC to stand out.

I was watching Nick Saban at a game and he was smartly dressed in a medium gray suit, crimson (of course) tie on a white shirt. Clearly Alabama. On field, crimson pull over and khakis. All of it in stores near you.
He is easy to find on the sidelines just look for the one with a smile on his face. :)
th

th

th

th

And some try to miss him but that is not a good idea he will find you

th

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yes, but I have yet to see PJ in anything other than navy blue. I don't think he is a big fan of the gold himself, whether it be g/g/g or g/w/g or whatever. But, I don't know.

He had navy blue as a primary color at both GSU and Navy.

At the risk of sounding like a fashionista or something, navy is simply going to look better on most people than gold, aesthetically. Hides more....imperfections, let's say. Also, he has worn navy most of his career as it was a primary color at his previous stops. So if he has a choice, he is always going to go with navy. Nate Woody wore a Tech Gold polo at the last game, though.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
t the risk of sounding like a fashionista or something, navy is simply going to look better on most people than gold, aesthetically. Hides more....imperfections, let's say. Also, he has worn navy most of his career as it was a primary color at his previous stops. So if he has a choice, he is always going to go with navy. Nate Woody wore a Tech Gold polo at the last game, though.

Just an observation. Go to the UT Vol Shop (4 on campus ... a main one, two satellites, and one in Neyland) and they will feature the coaches polo's and coach's hats. Big sellers. From a merchandising standpoint, UT can deliver the sales by role modeling it and getting the stuff out the masses. I'd love to see a Jacket Shop at BDS and better coordination of swag. Unrealistic probably.

Not every fanbase talks about it weekly every single season. Your opinion doesn't equal a fact. So yep, agree to disagree. It's just funny so much time is wasted on uniforms.

People argue on here nonstop about navy/gold, what people should be wearing, helmet angst, etc. it's really not that serious.

Did I say that every fanbase talks about it every week? LOL. It's a fact that uniform talk is popular. That's all I said. What I said was not an opinion.

This is a frickin message board where people talk about a game that 18-22 year olds play. None of this is serious. The people in this thread enjoy talking about uniforms. Why do you give a ****?

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
Just an observation. Go to the UT Vol Shop (4 on campus ... a main one, two satellites, and one in Neyland) and they will feature the coaches polo's and coach's hats. Big sellers. From a merchandising standpoint, UT can deliver the sales by role modeling it and getting the stuff out the masses. I'd love to see a Jacket Shop at BDS and better coordination of swag. Unrealistic probably.
They do sell clothing, etc... at BDS, and you can buy the polos that the coaches wear

how can you agree or disagree with something that is a fact. It's a fact that websites, blogs, and twitter accounts devoted to uniform discussions are extremely popular. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that there is a large segment that do.

I'm quoting my own post LargeFO. Nothing that I said here can be disputed and is completely different from what you posted in response to me. Keep moving that goalpost, though.

Woody had a gold shirt on for the Louisville game.