Blue. Pants.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do some on this board act like we are straying from tradition by wearing blue? Football team wore blue jerseys in the 40's and again from '87 until '94. Then a few more times in the 00's. Not to mention our basketball team has been wearing navy blue uni's since the mid 80's. Also wore navy hoops uni's periodically in 30's and 40's. Baseball, volleyball, softball, track and field have all worn navy since mid to late 80's. That is about 80 years of wearing navy. I would call that tradition. My last point is that they will be wearing WHITE jerseys and GOLD helmets also. So if you ask me, there is a little something for everyone with these uni's. Just wanted to get that off my chest, not meant as a flame towards anyone.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Because our actual colors which just got reinforced by the rebrand this summer are white and gold with an accent or secondary of navy blue. No reason for us as a brand to have it featured as our main color. GT needs to hire new branding people.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Because our actual colors which just got reinforced by the rebrand this summer are white and gold with an accent or secondary of navy blue. No reason for us as a brand to have it featured as our main color. GT needs to hire new branding people.

Easy fix. GT announces navy as a 3rd primary color and you will stop complaining right? :D

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Have you read some of the quotes from the players regarding the blue pants? They love them. Look good, feel good, play good! They are the ones wearing them so they should have some input on whay they wear and they voted to wear blue pants. Hey, I'm a big fan of gold, and I have been disappointed a little with Adidas for not revealing a gold jersey before the blue. I also don't like the fact that I can't find a gold Adidas hat. But let's don't let something as trivial as blue pants affect our support for the team. Just a hint though...if you are this angry about blue pants, you may really lose it later in the season!

Have you read some of the quotes from the players regarding the blue pants? They love them. Look good, feel good, play good! They are the ones wearing them so they should have some input on whay they wear and they voted to wear blue pants. Hey, I'm a big fan of gold, and I have been disappointed a little with Adidas for not revealing a gold jersey before the blue. I also don't like the fact that I can't find a gold Adidas hat. But let's don't let something as trivial as blue pants affect our support for the team. Just a hint though...if you are this angry about blue pants, you may really lose it later in the season!
Qua Searcy said he wished we were wearing all blue. Is he crazy? Does he not know that Duke wears blue. Frankly, I am sick of the players saying they like this or that. They are out there to play, not to have a fashion show. The school colors are WHITE AND GOLD.....PERIOD.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
ND helmets have actual flakes of gold in the paint (which is a legit tradition onto itself).

I like the classic Americana of tech gold. That said the players have been quoted multiple times as saying their amped to rock the navy gear.

I’m 33 years old and well beyond my college days. If that’s what gets the kids pumped then I’m all for it. I’m a Tech Man, through and through, and will wear my gold, white and navy gear proudly.

Ps we are 3-0 when I have the navy adidas shorts with the navy CPJ zip up special so will be wearing that again tomorrow.

Go jackets! Give em hell!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what were you wearing when we lost?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Qua Searcy said he wished we were wearing all blue. Is he crazy? Does he not know that Duke wears blue. Frankly, I am sick of the players saying they like this or that. They are out there to play, not to have a fashion show. The school colors are WHITE AND GOLD.....PERIOD.

I asked my Vol friend how they handled it at UT. “Children are not allowed to make these decisions. These are for the grownups.” I had to laugh.

My prediction is, if we win .. we’ll see the again. If Duke beats the snot out of us, they’ll see the burn pile.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
Sick of the players expressing preferences and opinions? Dude, it's going to be ok. Take a breath.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
If it wasn’t for the players playing we wouldn’t have anything to watch. So maybe everyone should chill about this stuff and enjoy the game. Or just don’t come. Either way, until we are suiting up hitting people I don’t see how we can dictate what the players should like or not like.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The players are the ones working their *** off all week. They can wear whatever they want to on gameday. Fans should wear white or gold to the game, but the players deserve the right to wear what they want.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just took my seat at BDS, the uni’s are pimp AF.

I just told my wife that someone at the stadium said the new uni's were pimp AF. She asked me what that meant and I told her to hang on a second while I found out. Can you put that in laymen's terms for me? Thx!:)