Blue. Pants.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s hard for some people to swallow but GT Football isn’t as recognizable of a brand as most think. If we didn’t run the triple option the recognition would be even worse. We aren’t with the Georgias, Clemsons. Or the Alabamas of the world. At least in the last 20 years, Bobby Dodd days were a LONG time ago...
I “liked” this but not because I like it. It’s because it’s accurate and some of our fans have their heads in the sand.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It’s hard for some people to swallow but GT Football isn’t as recognizable of a brand as most think. If we didn’t run the triple option the recognition would be even worse. We aren’t with the Georgias, Clemsons. Or the Alabamas of the world. At least in the last 20 years, Bobby Dodd days were a LONG time ago...

Partially true I think. Still, GT is mentioned in the Alabama fight song "Yay Alabama" ... so it is known. And it still resonates with the old SEC crowd.

TStan has done more to pull this together than anyone previously, so I am hoping he gets control of this for the long-term. I am impressed with what a number of schools have done ... GT has been just kinda shoved out there on a block of ice to fend for itself in the North Sea.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I “liked” this but not because I like it. It’s because it’s accurate and some of our fans have their heads in the sand.

I was really impressed with what Nike did for UT. They didn't just do the uniforms. They rebranded the entire school ... everything. Away went all the UT and UTK signs and logos ... now, there is only the Power T. There is only burnt orange and white with cool grey as the neutral. The entire school is organized under a brand scheme and athletics is part of that.

To my understanding, GT still segregates athletics from the school. GT has it's brand identity and GTAA has it's brand identity. And they are not the same.

If there is one think I learned from Toyota, it's "One system, one voice."

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When I watch LSU, I know I’m watching LSU. Same for Bama. Same for UT. Classic uniforms. We change ours so much, we don’t even know who we are. Which fits the state of our football program.
Arranging the deck chairs, while not engaging alumni and gt sidewalk fans.

One is easy the other is hard.

It's a short meeting coaches and players meeting on uniforms. " Players, after u beat Duke and 2 other acc coastal teams, u get to pick unis for last 3 games. Otherwise it's gold and or white. Let's get to practice.

Now that this is over , I have a meeting with the South Ga Gt Ambassadors. They are being fitted for their game day blazers. (which they bought). We got this idea from ND so players please welcome them and their support. Guys they are part of our team. Let's ALL give a big Team. "
TEAM!

MARKETING AND TEAM BUILDING ARE HARD.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

While much of what you say is true, not sure why that precludes us from looking classy.

Strangely enough, my step sister had some close friends from Minnesota in town when we played Clemson. Her friends husband is a fairly enthusiastic college football fan, but he attended some school up there where wrestling is a big sport. Anyway, my stepsister said that almost right out of the gate, the guy commented “ jeez, 50 years of tradition thrown out the window”. (Or WTTE)

I just, for myself, think we looked foolish in those G,W,B unis. And not because of our level of play.

I truly find it hard to believe a giant like Adidas, with a school like GT, can not come up with a classy W / G / W uni. In addition to WWW, GWG, GBW, GBG, or WWG uni.

Milwaukee

Banned

Agree and disagree. If you were to take our standard gold helmet with the white gt logo and drop it in the middle of London, Paris, Monaco, Madrid, etc I bet sports fans would know it's Georgia Tech. We have that going for us imo. It's got nothing to do with our current style of play and everything to do with our history.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Agree and disagree. If you were to take our standard gold helmet with the white gt logo and drop it in the middle of London, Paris, Monaco, Madrid, etc I bet sports fans would know it's Georgia Tech. We have that going for us imo. It's got nothing to do with our current style of play and everything to do with our history.

Truth lies in the middle

Our helmet and interlocking GT is recognizable that’s why the whole we don’t look like GT bc our look and changed every decade. Only GT consistent tradition is the Ramblin Wreck and the fight song.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
They look better than those butt-ugly unis we wore against Duke.

Cmon, these are far from butt ugly. It’s just not the GT you want to see
B4DEF762-4B14-4490-98D9-C0910217C9EF.jpeg