Blue. Pants.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I get having personal preferences. Guess what, we all have them. Those of you who take it personal for someone else to have a different preference need to get a damn life. Bunch of whining temper tantrum cry babies ffs.
I totally disagree with you. Furthermore, I think you’re specifically talking about me in this post and I resent it. I’m never gonna read one of your posts again!

Oh, wait....
(and for the record, I like the blue pants, but that’s just my humble opinion)

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Dysfunctional? I thought guys loved the classic look

View attachment 4335
View attachment 4336
u(sic)ga’s “primary” colors are red and black, but the top photo has a lot more white and silver than either of the primary colors, and yet you don’t see their fans/Walmart-employees making post after post about them breaking with tradition (I know, I know—it may be due to the fact that most of their fans aren’t aware of the fact there’s this new dangled thing called the internet).

u(sic)ga’s “primary” colors are red and black, but the top photo has a lot more white and silver than either of the primary colors, and yet you don’t see their fans/Walmart-employees making post after post about them breaking with tradition (I know, I know—it may be due to the fact that most of their fans aren’t aware of the fact there’s this new dangled thing called the internet).
The mutts wore silver britches in almost every game they played prior to the 80s, so it's not like it's something new for them. Tech has never worn blue on a REGULAR basis except for a short time in the 80s when the NCAA decreed that home teams had to wear dark jerseys. Silver is a part of the mutts' traditional look; blue is not a part of Tech's traditional look.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The mutts wore silver britches in almost every game they played prior to the 80s, so it's not like it's something new for them. Tech has never worn blue on a REGULAR basis except for a short time in the 80s when the NCAA decreed that home teams had to wear dark jerseys. Silver is a part of the mutts' traditional look; blue is not a part of Tech's traditional look.
1964-1979 UGAG wore white pants;)

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So white is a part of their traditional look too. I didn't remember that, but I definitely remember the silver pants, because at least in the 50s and early 60s, COFH was often referred to as the yellow britches vs the silver britches......or the "yeller" britches vx the silver britches.
I hope i never see the blue britches ever again:vomit:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
When v.d. came to Athens, he changed the ugag uni to r/r/w. Stayed that way until 1980 when he went, as it were, retro with gray pants. But they had also worn red pants a handful of times before that.

He stole the G.B. Packers logo (actually they got permission to legally use it), and had white pants with a single black stripe on the side, and they hired a N.Y. ad agency to get some pub.

Before that Wally the Butts had worn a silver hat, red shirt and silver britches.

I remember tales of when ugag would come on the field GT fans would yell “silver britches” that somehow would sound a lot like “sons of bitches.”

We also use to cheer “ White shirts! Yellow Britches! Give Em HELL you sons of bitches.!”

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
When v.d. came to Athens, he changed the ugag uni to r/r/w.

He stole the G.B. Packers logo (actually they got permission to legally use it), and had white pants with a single black stripe on the side, and they hired a N.Y. ad agency to get some pub.

Before that Wally the Butts had worn a silver hat, red shirt and silver britches.

I remember tales of when ugag would come on the field GT fans would yell “silver britches” that somehow would sound a lot like “sons of bitches.”

We also use to cheer “ White shirts! Yellow Britches! Give Em HELL you sons of bitches.!”
I remember a story that UGAG DC Erk Russell saw G.A.T.A.(Georgia Tech Athletic Association) on the wall at Grant Field locker room and changed it to Get After Their Arse during a halftime speech in 1965.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen that in old pictures and never figured out how GATA was supposed to mean Georgia Tech Athletic Association. Typical GT. Poor marketing....

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I remember a story that UGAG DC Erk Russell saw G.A.T.A.(Georgia Tech Athletic Association) on the wall at Grant Field locker room and changed it to Get After Their Arse during a halftime speech in 1965.

Back in the day, Sarge Hodges stenciled everything he could that belonged go the athletic Assn with "GTAA".

And you are correct, before COFH in 1965, erk the jerk changed the letters to gata - get after their ***.

The jerk later took the logo to gsu & they use it today as a motivational tool.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I can’t wait for the new mauve pants and shirts. With a gold GT helmet, it will rock the house on Stewart Avenue.

Since Tech can’t seem to come up with a consistent uniform, maybe we could come up with an app and change uniforms and colors every week. Logo too. Fans will never know what to expect. Can’t wait foe Susan G. Komen Day.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I can’t wait for the new mauve pants and shirts. With a gold GT helmet, it will rock the house on Stewart Avenue.

Since Tech can’t seem to come up with a consistent uniform, maybe we could come up with an app and change uniforms and colors every week. Logo too. Fans will never know what to expect. Can’t wait foe Susan G. Komen Day.
GT ought to bring out camo uniforms to honor Veterans;)