Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
I share everyone's frustration with CPJ, but they just extended him through 2022. By which time he will be 66 and ready to retire if he likes. In the meantime, I know it is cathartic to complain, but he isn't going anywhere no matter what anyone here says or does.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
The fake punt may have lost the game. What was he thinking? Snap it to one of the SLOWEST guys on the team, on 4th and 9 from your own 20 yard line? Makes no sense. I love Antwan Owens, but there is no way in the world he would have rumbled 14 yards from where he caught the snap to the first down marker.
Also, the 2 point conversion play call? What was that? Very slow developing TaQuon roll out and throw to nobody? Bleeding the clock on the last TD drive, going at a snail's pace. These are just what I can remember right now.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I share everyone's frustration with CPJ, but they just extended him through 2022. By which time he will be 66 and ready to retire if he likes. In the meantime, I know it is cathartic to complain, but he isn't going anywhere no matter what anyone here says or does.
The best way to get the AD's attention is to do what was done during Derek Dooley's time at Tennessee that led to him being fired and that was the fans stay home and the stadium is about 1/3 full every game.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
No he wasn't. He was just at a level where being good at one thing was enough. At this level it isn't, and he isn't as good at that one thing either.

I think you need to go look at GSU defenses. They were pretty damn good.

At Navy, it’s almost impossible to have a good D.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

True. Just like calling some of our players “beasts” during preseason or after games like Alcorn State doesn’t make them good players. But it makes us feel good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_EE78

Banned
Not likely with 3 out of the last 4 years losing seasons being highly possible
Well yea , but but but all he needs to do is get 10 to 20 4/5 star recruits, well maybe do that for two years and then win 7/8/9 year after next. We just gotta be patient (and then give him another contract extension)

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
When you are a one-dimensional team and that is not working, it is difficult to win. I want to think we are really just one great, 5-Star dual QB away from being a competitive team.

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It is just painful to watch this team. I have been a huge PJ supporter but he has to go. This is happening against a mediocre at best Pitt team and we look unprepared in EVERY aspect of the game.
Me too......I normally just check in and get information and rarely post anything.... Ive been a CPJ supporter from day one, but this one did me in.... We've looked unprepared through the first 3 games...(Alcorn wasn't impressive either).... The defense will and should get a little better as the season goes, because we still have a tendency to be more passive than being aggressive and it will take a few games to get that out of us, but we just don't look inspired to play or coached well..(running a DE on a fake punt?) I'm still waiting on them to quit on PJ but that hasn't happened quite yet, but after the butt kicking we get next week might be the final straw.... I'll stand by the fact that PJ was an upgrade on CG simply because he won games that CG wouldn't have won even though their records will seem similar.... He's done about all he can do at Tech and he should be let go or should step down at the end of the year.. My thinking at the beginning of the year was 6-6, 7-5 because of the time it will take the defense to adjust to the new style, but we've already lost two games i thought we would win, so I think our win ceiling now is 4 with 5th being a win we steal somewhere.. So that's 3 out of 4 years without a chance at bowl game... That's just not good enough !

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
It is just painful to watch this team. I have been a huge PJ supporter but he has to go. This is happening against a mediocre at best Pitt team and we look unprepared in EVERY aspect of the game.

I’ve reset my expectations. I now aspire to climb to mediocrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk