Bethune Cookman game thread

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
There things that jumped out to me this game... lack of a 3pt threat, turn overs and silly fouls. I have confidence that the staff will get the turn over and silly fouls cleaned up.

We will be fine.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
They had lots of timeouts left, could have easily done offense for defense subs.

Out of curiosity who are you putting in? Wright? Cole? Maybe Haywood but CJP had already pretty much given up on him today.
Also you can't call time out if you miss a shot and then you are stuck with 3 bigs trying to defend the 3 point line. We had proven without a doubt we were not good with that lineup.

It wasn't a great decision by any means but it was probably the best of the bad options.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Out of curiosity who are you putting in? Wright? Cole? Maybe Haywood but CJP had already pretty much given up on him today.
Also you can't call time out if you miss a shot and then you are stuck with 3 bigs trying to defend the 3 point line. We had proven without a doubt we were not good with that lineup.

It wasn't a great decision by any means but it was probably the best of the bad options.

There was less than a minute so they were clearly fouling. If Moore is gonna be on the court, you stick him on the baseline in that situation instead of having him come get the ball from Ben or Alvarado

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
There was less than a minute so they were clearly fouling. If Moore is gonna be on the court, you stick him on the baseline in that situation instead of having him come get the ball from Ben or Alvarado

On that I totally agree. I wanted AD and Moore to both run to the far end of the court. As I said above I was pissed at Lammers for throwing the ball to AD to get fouled. It was the open pass - but open because they wanted it to be. The other culprit honestly is Alvaro Yea everyone knew he was the one we wanted to get the ball but if he is going to be the man at PG he has to figure out a way to get it. Learning experience as he was the one that should have been yelling at Lammers for the ball.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
On that I totally agree. I wanted AD and Moore to both run to the far end of the court. As I said above I was pissed at Lammers for throwing the ball to AD to get fouled. It was the open pass - but open because they wanted it to be. The other culprit honestly is Alvaro Yea everyone knew he was the one we wanted to get the ball but if he is going to be the man at PG he has to figure out a way to get it. Learning experience as he was the one that should have been yelling at Lammers for the ball.

Credit to AD though for huge FT at the end.
I had bad memories of an ETSU style loss under Gregory

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
A few takes of the game from my seat in section 115:

•Ben Lammers-should be the face of BBB. He is a straight up baller and is competing with Jarrett Jack as my favorite yellow jacket ever. Man is his mid-range jumper nice...watch out Pau Gasol.

•Jose is a dog (notice how I spelled it correctly uga fans). He got yelled at and pulled early in the game by Coach for not rebounding. Boy oh boy, did he come back with a changed attitude. I don't know how many he ended up with, but it seemed like he was in on every board that Ben didn't grab. Not to mention his steals, and penetrating/cutting on offense. We got ourselves a ball player here.

•S/O to Alston for being the stable upperclassmen we need. He cut down the turnovers this game and was very aggessive driving the lane, along with knocking down free throws with ease. I had a feeling he would be able to do this against lesser competition, I just wonder how he is going to be when we get to ACC play.

•AD...frustrsting is probably the best way to put it. He is so solid on defense but lacks basic basketball IQ on offense, to go along with very reckless turnovers with the ball. With that being said, he came up clutch with those free throws at the end of the game. Fortunately, his mistakes are correctable and it being the 2nd game of the year, we have some time to fix them.

•J Moore- At the game you could hear multiple people yelling at him from the crowd to "shoot the ball". He had a couple nice drives and got to the rim but couldn't finish. It almost looks like he is thinking out there too much. He just needs to play free and focus on what he is good at.(rebounding/pushing the ball up the floor for a lay up or setting up his teammates) Example: the UNC game last year

•Moses Wright-we continue to see a little glimpse of his athleticism and skills, but it seems he is still forcing it offensively. On D, he has been pretty stout at the rim and very active on the boards. It is 2 games in, no one should be worried about Moses....after all, he is an unranked freshman :)

Though, I do have a few questions for Coach Pastner or anyone who has an opinion on it:

•Why did we at one point have four big men(Ben, AD, Wright, and Evan) with Jose all on the floor at the same time?

•Why did Haywood play only 2 minutes in the 2nd half before getting pulled? Along with Evan not getting in the game in the 2nd half?

•Why do we have AD playing out on the perimeter along with having the ball out there? Personally, I think he belongs in the paint only, and when Ben needs a break.

•Why was Moore out there when they were fouling? Wouldn't we want a better FT shooter taking his spot?

•Is Sly still hurt or is AD just beating him out for minutes?

We miss Tad and Okogie badly....but hey, we are undefeated in America this year!

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It was ugly. We need Tadric and Josh back bad. Lammers is stud but needs some rest. He was gassed again in 2nd half. I really like Jose. Moore has not looked good at all.

When do we expect them back?

He'll be up there with my favorite John Salley:cool:

I like Lammers, but Price still my favorite. We have a lot of others too .......

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
A few takes of the game from my seat in section 115:

•Ben Lammers-should be the face of BBB. He is a straight up baller and is competing with Jarrett Jack as my favorite yellow jacket ever. Man is his mid-range jumper nice...watch out Pau Gasol.

•Jose is a dog (notice how I spelled it correctly uga fans). He got yelled at and pulled early in the game by Coach for not rebounding. Boy oh boy, did he come back with a changed attitude. I don't know how many he ended up with, but it seemed like he was in on every board that Ben didn't grab. Not to mention his steals, and penetrating/cutting on offense. We got ourselves a ball player here.

•S/O to Alston for being the stable upperclassmen we need. He cut down the turnovers this game and was very aggessive driving the lane, along with knocking down free throws with ease. I had a feeling he would be able to do this against lesser competition, I just wonder how he is going to be when we get to ACC play.

•AD...frustrsting is probably the best way to put it. He is so solid on defense but lacks basic basketball IQ on offense, to go along with very reckless turnovers with the ball. With that being said, he came up clutch with those free throws at the end of the game. Fortunately, his mistakes are correctable and it being the 2nd game of the year, we have some time to fix them.

•J Moore- At the game you could hear multiple people yelling at him from the crowd to "shoot the ball". He had a couple nice drives and got to the rim but couldn't finish. It almost looks like he is thinking out there too much. He just needs to play free and focus on what he is good at.(rebounding/pushing the ball up the floor for a lay up or setting up his teammates) Example: the UNC game last year

•Moses Wright-we continue to see a little glimpse of his athleticism and skills, but it seems he is still forcing it offensively. On D, he has been pretty stout at the rim and very active on the boards. It is 2 games in, no one should be worried about Moses....after all, he is an unranked freshman :)

Though, I do have a few questions for Coach Pastner or anyone who has an opinion on it:

•Why did we at one point have four big men(Ben, AD, Wright, and Evan) with Jose all on the floor at the same time?

•Why did Haywood play only 2 minutes in the 2nd half before getting pulled? Along with Evan not getting in the game in the 2nd half?

•Why do we have AD playing out on the perimeter along with having the ball out there? Personally, I think he belongs in the paint only, and when Ben needs a break.

•Why was Moore out there when they were fouling? Wouldn't we want a better FT shooter taking his spot?

•Is Sly still hurt or is AD just beating him out for minutes?

We miss Tad and Okogie badly....but hey, we are undefeated in America this year!

I’m glad he did not shoot the ball