Bethune Cookman game thread

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we are going to be solid when Tad and JO get back. That game shouldn't have been that close, but we're playing a lot of inexperienced guys. I like Jose, Tad, JO, Wright/Cole, and Lammers personally. I think that lineup will win us some good games.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2017-11-19_16-23-18.png

upload_2017-11-19_16-23-39.png

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It was ugly. We need Tadric and Josh back bad. Lammers is stud but needs some rest. He was gassed again in 2nd half. I really like Jose. Moore has not looked good at all.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Justin is going to sit a lot when we are at full strength. I saw potential in him last year but his progression has been minimal through two games.
We have two real PGs on the roster. He will play. It’s only been two games.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Uninspired performance outside of Lammers and Alvarado. Other freshman have a long way to go, as expected. It's tough when your 4th and 5th options (which I'm not sure we even have at this point) have to become your 2nd and 3rd options.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pastner trying to lose this game? Having Moore in when they are fouling is simply insane

Having Moore in there when we are trying to defend the 3 point line in a zone makes a lot of sense.

Our young uns - especially the big ones - have no concept of how to defend the 3 - especially in any sort of transition.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Why didn't Cole play in the second half? I like him on the floor. I can't stand Moore and AD on the floor, especially at the same time. That literally limits us to three offensive players.

Off the top I can remember twice when BCU simply went right over him for rebounds. And he wasn't stellar at getting out on the 3. Weight room and film room for him.

BTW - not that Wright was stellar at defending the 3 but he did rebound.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Having Moore in there when we are trying to defend the 3 point line in a zone makes a lot of sense.

Our young uns - especially the big ones - have no concept of how to defend the 3 - especially in any sort of transition.

On defense is fine, but when they are trying to foul GT, Moore is definitely not who you want on the court.

slugboy

Staff member
Thanks to a Roku, I could watch the game.
I’ll try not to repeat what others have said. Cole has some potential. I should be more careful to watch how different players execute on defense; I’m not sure who played well and who didn’t on that end.
I watched Jose take a couple of wide open threes. BCU left them open, and we aren’t ready to take them yet. They knew we couldn’t hurt them outside. The other half of not hitting the threes is that we don’t rebound them either. If we had a rebounding advantage, we’d have had no issues today. I saw BCU get a lot of offensive rebounds.
Passing was ugly sometimes, and receiving definitely was; we had a bunch of passes go off our hands and into BCU’s or into the stands. A bunch of turnovers wasn’t what we wanted.
We should get better. We haven’t gelled as a team yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think we are going to be solid when Tad and JO get back. That game shouldn't have been that close, but we're playing a lot of inexperienced guys. I like Jose, Tad, JO, Wright/Cole, and Lammers personally. I think that lineup will win us some good games.
Alston impressed me too. I think that we could start small and play 4 guards and then mix in size as the game goes on.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
On defense is fine, but when they are trying to foul GT, Moore is definitely not who you want on the court.

Hard to parse it that fine. I was wishing we could get AD off the court too but alas no way to have him magically disappear when we have the ball. I was ready to shoot Lammers when he passed AD the ball against the press. And ready to shoot Jose too for not being there to demand the ball from Lammers.

IIRC we ended up with Lammers, AD, Jose, Alston and Moore - with one sub by Wright that I don't remember who for.
I would have been playing that same 5 at the end when they were going all 3 point shots too.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Hard to parse it that fine. I was wishing we could get AD off the court too but alas no way to have him magically disappear when we have the ball. I was ready to shoot Lammers when he passed AD the ball against the press. And ready to shoot Jose too for not being there to demand the ball from Lammers.

IIRC we ended up with Lammers, AD, Jose, Alston and Moore - with one sub by Wright that I don't remember who for.
I would have been playing that same 5 at the end when they were going all 3 point shots too.

They had lots of timeouts left, could have easily done offense for defense subs.