Beat uga or not

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
By the way, you never answered the question. Who, exactly, would be embarrassed by a bowl appearance? Does your potential embarrassment outweigh the desires of the players on the team?
You are an idiot...you come behind anyone whose posts you don't like and try to make an issue out of it...going forward quit trying to make smart comments and bully people on the site

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You are an idiot...you come behind anyone whose posts you don't like and try to make an issue out of it...going forward quit trying to make smart comments and bully people on the site

You're still not answering a legitimate question. Is your embarrassment more important than what the team wants?

When you post on a message board, you are entering into a discussion. If you don't want people to reply to your posts, then you should state so up front. Otherwise, you should be willing to defend your position. I have asked a simple question regarding your post, and you have yet to answer it. That speaks volumes in itself.

Jmonty71

Banned
What exactly is outdated about his D? Also, your arguments that it works consistently only when populated by lots of 4*s is true of almost any defensive scheme? I get you are biased, but the Duke game is the ONLY game where the D has completely failed us. And that had less to do with scheme than execution.
His scheme is set to go against west coast offenses. Its a bend but don't break philosophy. Issue is, we tend to break. During the season, the D did pretty ok. However; I think due to the lack of rotation, we faltered. Duke was horrible. However; there was breakdowns in other games. I think Roof plays soft, when he should be going for the jugular. I don't think we have the athletes to handle the read and react schemes. Teams with speed and athletism give them fits. I feel that we should attack more. Roof has more of a nail mentality than a hammer mentality.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
You're still not answering a legitimate question. Is your embarrassment more important than what the team wants?

When you post on a message board, you are entering into a discussion. If you don't want people to reply to your posts, then you should state so up front. Otherwise, you should be willing to defend your position. I have asked a simple question regarding your post, and you have yet to answer it. That speaks volumes in itself.
I like to have conversations with people who understand athletics and have common sense and not people who attack other people's posts if they don't agree. My embarrassment...wth are you saying lol The point is when you have guys laughing and dancing around when you are getting your butt beat on the field, then there are some issues that need to be addressed...no embarrassment, but concern for the program and the direction this team is taking.

Jmonty71

Banned
Why are so many people resorting to name calling?? I disagree with AJ. Like ALL the time. LOL. But, I would never call him an idiot. This is the problem we have as fans. We cannot disagree without name calling. I had a similar issue earlier today.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I like to have conversations with people who understand athletics and have common sense and not people who attack other people's posts if they don't agree. My embarrassment...wth are you saying lol The point is when you have guys laughing and dancing around when you are getting your butt beat on the field, then there are some issues that need to be addressed...no embarrassment, but concern for the program and the direction this team is taking.

Again, you deflect. I also like the assertion that I don't understand athletics. I played baseball in college. I understand athletics. I also like the "common sense" attack. And @Jmonty71 will attest that, while I do like to debate on the blogs, even when our opinions differ, as his and mine differ quite vehemently on CTR, I respect people as long as they are willing to defend their position. He and I are friends, even though we argue on the blogs, and frequently tailgate together. I don't mind if people disagree with me, as long as you're willing to defend what you post. You, however, seem unwilling to defend your assertion.

These were your exact words: "5-7 and a waiver would be embarrassing"

So again, I'll ask. Should your potential embarrassment of a 5-6 GT team playing in a bowl override the desires of the players to play in a bowl?

That's a legitimate reply to your post, and I've yet to get an answer.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Why are so many people resorting to name calling?? I disagree with AJ. Like ALL the time. LOL. But, I would never call him an idiot. This is the problem we have as fans. We cannot disagree without name calling. I had a similar issue earlier today.
Agree, we are all Tech fans there are not that many of us we can't get along.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I just commented to this point. You and I couldn't be farther apart when it comes to CTR, yet we can still be friends and debate with civility. Not my fault you're wrong about CTR... :D

Jmonty71

Banned
I just commented to this point. You and I couldn't be farther apart when it comes to CTR, yet we can still be friends and debate with civility. Not my fault you're wrong about CTR... :D
Ha ha. I wished I was. I think he needs to get more aggressive, learn how to disguise a blitz, teach players how to shed blocks and put a plan out there for high tempo teams. I just think he is old and set in his ways.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Augusta_Jacket you know how I feel and most of the time we agree. But I understand both points. Does a 5-6 need to go to a Bowl game ? The so called rule is 6 wins. It kind of like your son ask you for a present he wants at Christmas . You give him a list of things he needs to do but doesn't . Do you reward him if he didn't do it ? Some will say no he knew what he needed to do and did not do it he will learn life is not fair . Some others will say he is my son and I will get it for me because I love him. Not that it matters how I feel and I know the seniors want to go to a bowl but on this matter I would have to tell them you know the rules beat uga or sit home and think what you can do next year to make things better.

Jmonty71

Banned
I have mixed feelings on going to a bowl with 5 wins. First thought is, " we could not win 6, why do we deserve it?" Other thought is "is it fair to the kids and seniors?" So, I'm torn.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Augusta_Jacket you know how I feel and most of the time we agree. But I understand both points. Does a 5-6 need to go to a Bowl game ? The so called rule is 6 wins. It kind of like your son ask you for a present he wants at Christmas . You give him a list of things he needs to do but doesn't . Do you reward him if he didn't do it ? Some will say no he knew what he needed to do and did not do it he will learn life is not fair . Some others will say he is my son and I will get it for me because I love him. Not that it matters how I feel and I know the seniors want to go to a bowl but on this matter I would have to tell them you know the rules beat uga or sit home and think what you can do next year to make things better.

But the rules state that 5-6 might indeed be eligible, especially when the 12th game was cancelled beyond your control. To your credit, while I may not agree with your position, at least you defend it with logic.

Also, all this misses the bigger point. If we have the opportunity, we're going, and the ACC will ensure it, as they need the revenue generated. It ends up being a financial decision that will be made for us, whether we agree or not.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have mixed feelings on going to a bowl with 5 wins. First thought is, " we could not win 6, why do we deserve it?" Other thought is "is it fair to the kids and seniors?" So, I'm torn.
Take the seniors out of the question and ask yourself which would be better to teach the other players