Beat uga or not

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Nothing we do this coming weekend will make this season a success. I sure as hell hope we win and certainly think it's BS our fans are giving away their tickets but this was a veteran team with essentially a new QB only.

I don't recall the last time I had to quit watching a game but I had to yesterday. We as fans deserve a better performance than that. We were unprepared, unemotional, and laid down and gave up. A 3-9 season 2 years ago and not once did we lay down like we did yesterday. That was inexcusable and no BS win against uga will allow that to be forgiven.

Make it up next year but a win this weekend will not make me find success out of this year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Nothing we do this coming weekend will make this season a success. I sure as hell hope we win and certainly think it's BS our fans are giving away their tickets but this was a veteran team with essentially a new QB only.

I don't recall the last time I had to quit watching a game but I had to yesterday. We as fans deserve a better performance than that. We were unprepared, unemotional, and laid down and gave up. A 3-9 season 2 years ago and not once did we lay down like we did yesterday. That was inexcusable and no BS win against uga will allow that to be forgiven.

Make it up next year but a win this weekend will not make me find success out of this year.
At least 6-5 after a win over the Dwags would mean a trip to Detroit or Shreveport and a Bowl Game;)

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
A win this weekend will just further show this as a year of what could've been if we had played more focused. What I saw Saturday was a teamthat expected to just show up and be successful. A thing I've noticed this year is there isn't a lot of fire. When players make mistakes usually they get pissed off and show it, but this year it seems like most of the players just put their head down and walk to the bench as if it's something they expected to happen. Toward the midpoint of this season our defense looked the best tackling 1 on 1 in space they've looked in years and Saturday Duke was breaking tackles of players that should've had them or at least held them till help arrive 2-3 times a play.

I'm not sure if it's all on CPJ, but as the captain of the ship it falls to him figure out what's going on in the program and make some changes. Even if it means getting rid of some long time assistants.

Jmonty71

Banned
Keep dreaming. From what I saw, I saw a team team that was half way inept on offense and looked clueless on defense. There was poor coaching all around. The D was embarrassed. The O did about what they have done all year. UGag is FAR better than Puke. If we come out flat, I expect Ugag to drop 60 on us. At best, we may keep it within 20 points. That loss to Puke pretty much defined this whole season.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Keep dreaming. From what I saw, I saw a team team that was half way inept on offense and looked clueless on defense. There was poor coaching all around. The D was embarrassed. The O did about what they have done all year. UGag is FAR better than Puke. If we come out flat, I expect Ugag to drop 60 on us. At best, we may keep it within 20 points. That loss to Puke pretty much defined this whole season.
It's going to be a long offseason.:eek::rolleyes: However i'm optimistic about the 2018 season.;):cool:

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
A win this weekend will just further show this as a year of what could've been if we had played more focused. What I saw Saturday was a teamthat expected to just show up and be successful. A thing I've noticed this year is there isn't a lot of fire. When players make mistakes usually they get pissed off and show it, but this year it seems like most of the players just put their head down and walk to the bench as if it's something they expected to happen. Toward the midpoint of this season our defense looked the best tackling 1 on 1 in space they've looked in years and Saturday Duke was breaking tackles of players that should've had them or at least held them till help arrive 2-3 times a play.

I'm not sure if it's all on CPJ, but as the captain of the ship it falls to him figure out what's going on in the program and make some changes. Even if it means getting rid of some long time assistants.
CPJ is to stubborn and to set in his ways to make changes . I believe he will let GT fire him before he would make changes that is so needed. This includes coaches and player changes.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Marshall has to learn how to make better reads or next season will be much the same. He hands off far to many times or keeps it himself instead of pitching the ball to the open guy. Makes me appreciate JT so much more. We got a RB playing Qb.
One thing about CPJ he will go into the off season pissed. Marshall should be better one thing with Ricky Jeune gone he will have to look to the other WR's to pass the ball and not be locked down on one person. If not he will get passed by. Lets hope he and the other QB's work hard over the off season .

a bunch of QB scrambles followed by predictable post bomb routes will get us destroyed by the mutts. TM will likely not finish the game.

the mutts ain't Puke....and Puke just completely whipped us on both sides of the ball. CPJ's 51-7 game coming up.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
There are at least three glaring weaknesses that I don't think can be addressed in the off-season. 1) The DC seems incapable, due to a change in personnel or scheme, of making any significant adjustments to resist what other teams do to us on offense as the game goes along. Early, or late, they figure out our D and we seem to have no response. 2) Without a semblance of a consistent passing game, we are so predictable at this time of the year, even Virginia and Duke can stop us, especially if we are behind. 3) To somehow expect us to be substantially improved next year, with a year of experience, or some new good ( but not great) players, is not realistic. Our depth is thin, our talent level is average, our defense is predictable and we are one dimensional on offense. We have at best average ST, except the punter. We are 5-5. Seems perfectly logical to me.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Bad on the O. Still a bad D. 5-7 season coming. No bowl. Great 800k wasted on a loser DC
Yes..... Our D has been mediocre for some time. His system is outdated and the D plays scared and unprepared. That's on him.

What exactly is outdated about his D? Also, your arguments that it works consistently only when populated by lots of 4*s is true of almost any defensive scheme? I get you are biased, but the Duke game is the ONLY game where the D has completely failed us. And that had less to do with scheme than execution.