BDS Attendance

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
It's interesting that some people want to complain about recruiting but we don't sell out our games. It's really discouraging to see all the empty seats right at kickoff. Especially when the gold seats are not filled up.

Milwaukee

Banned
People complain about all our fans not actually attending the games, but that's normal. We simply do not have many fans. That is the only problem, nothing else. There is no team in any sport on any continent in which every single fan of that team attends the games. The entire argument is dumb. We just don't have many fans to begin with, period.

GTFLETCH

Banned
If you want more people to attend or if you want to create more sidewalk fans than the Noon Kickoffs need to stop. (This is the rub as CPJ prefers noon Kickoff)

If you want more people in e stands than the Noon Kickoffs need to stop. (This is the rub as CPJ prefers noon Kickoff)
CPJ and some of the players like the noon kickoff, but practicality has to set in sometime, and TStan needs to take a stand, if it's even possible for him to do so. Someone in my tailgate group today said that 67% of Tech's games over the past several years have had noon kickoffs. I don't think that's CPJ doing that; it's the North Carolina-loving ACC moguls and the TV networks.

crut

Helluva Engineer
What was REALLY REALLY BAD today is that there were probably no more than 50 students in the frat section in the lower north stands today. Get those twinks in the stadium supporting our team or keep them out completely.
I am not chiming into the argument itself and have no personal affiliation to fraternities, but this statement is an absurd lie. There were AT LEAST 200 people in the frats sections (left of swarm or right of the band). Gotta call out BS when I see it.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Even with all those empty seats, people managed to sit in my seats today and split up a group of 4 I brought (I ponied up for 4 season tix this year.)

I was not too happy about it and they acted like it was a huge insult to bring it up.

I am not chiming into the argument itself and have no personal affiliation to fraternities, but this statement is an absurd lie. There were AT LEAST 200 people in the frats sections (left of swarm or right of the band). Gotta call out BS when I see it.

There were nowhere near 200 people in the sections to the band's right. Plenty of non fratties to their left, but nobody to the right.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ (or anyone at GT) liking Noon KO's has nothing to do with it. ACC TV partners pick the start times.

Hopefully there will be some better diversity in kick times for all teams as the new ACC network takes off..... All these 12 noon starts the last few years are hurting attendance at BDS, but the TV folks don't care

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
CPJ and some of the players like the noon kickoff, but practicality has to set in sometime, and TStan needs to take a stand, if it's even possible for him to do so. Someone in my tailgate group today said that 67% of Tech's games over the past several years have had noon kickoffs. I don't think that's CPJ doing that; it's the North Carolina-loving ACC moguls and the TV networks.
Our problem is Ga Tech v anyone except Clemson, VT, UGA is not a game that will generate TV audience buzz compared to other options. It's close in some cases; our games still don't look attractive to the networks. I wish it were different, but I just don't believe it is. The UGA game is on a HUGE rivalry weekend with an over abundance of marquee games.

That said... I'd be very surprised if VT game is a noon game. However, Clemson v FSU is that weekend too.

Otherwise, we're going see a few more nooners at home: UNC (already set) & Wake. We'll see about VT & UGA.

If we win, odds increase some that our games will be later.

There were nowhere near 200 people in the sections to the band's right. Plenty of non fratties to their left, but nobody to the right.
[/QUOTE]
According to the seating chart, there are 50 rows in the section immediately to the right of the band and the one behind it. Assuming there are 30 seats in each row, that comes to 1500 seats, and to say there were 200 students in those two sections is absurd.

Our problem is Ga Tech v anyone except Clemson, VT, UGA is not a game that will generate TV audience buzz compared to other options. It's close in some cases; our games still don't look attractive to the networks. I wish it were different, but I just don't believe it is. The UGA game is on a HUGE rivalry weekend with an over abundance of marquee games.

That said... I'd be very surprised if VT game is a noon game. However, Clemson v FSU is that weekend too.

Otherwise, we're going see a few more nooners at home: UNC (already set) & Wake. We'll see about VT & UGA.

If we win, odds increase some that our games will be later.
Other schools have unattractive matchups too but don't get noon starts.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Other schools have unattractive matchups too but don't get noon starts.

The ACC doesn't have built-in night games because we are at the mercy of ESPN. I believe the SEC deal with espn has timeslots everywhere.

We are like 8th in ACC pecking order and a good ACC slate is 2 night games; most weekends it's just one.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I must confess. I wasn't there until just after halftime. I left Greenwood, SC at 11:50 and walked into the stadium just after kick of halftime. I haz a ashamed.

Was out of town for a family funeral.

[Edit] coaches show is uploading. Game is processing now...