@BC

Deleted member 2897

3rd straight series we need Sunday’s win to get to 2-1. We know how to close. Gotta do it. Notte Dame and BC are bad teams. UNC is doing what we should have done. But all you can do is look forward and bring a sense of urgency to every single game, regardless of opponent. We have the tiebreaker over UNC (and pretty much everyone else), so they can suck it.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I like all the optimism. I’ll keep going with that sentiment and say that I’m sure the guys realize that they don’t want a losing record this week. Bats come out firing tomorrow and we buck the BC Sunday trend.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
He is pulled so he won't get a hit. Webb just made a great play according to Wiley in 7th. Oscar has 12 errors on season and is probably the worst fielding 3rd baseman in the ACC.

Thanks for the setup. I have a few things that I hang up on, if you haven't noticed. Can we bring in our back-up QB?
Can't Serratos pitch?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BC starter today has recently been throwing as good as CT. Just a Fr, here's what he has done against ACC. IP, H, R, ER, BB, SO. Most recent first:

NC State 7.2IP / 2H / 1ER / 2 BB / 7 SO
FSU 7.0 / 2 / 0 / 1 / 8
Clemson 6.2 / 4/ 0 /5 / 8
WF 4.0 / 3 / 4 / 4/ 3
L'Ville 7.2 / 4 / 0 /3 / 4

So dude has only given up an earned run in two of 5 games. 1 to NC State and 4 to WF. And WF was 4 weeks ago. Shutting out FSU, Clemson and L'Ville! And he goes deep into the game. His only weakness looks like his 9 HBP. But his .95 WHIP is unbelievably good. CT's WHIP is 1.13 this year and 1.03 last. It's what has him up as top pitching draft prospect this year.
https://bceagles.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball

So do we force him to pitch more and pass up good pitches or jump on the first pitch if it looks good?

I don't think there is an answer; I prefer running up the pitch count and getting him out of the game by the 6th. Hope all our batters are like English and take the HBP! Take our chances with the bullpen. Lane Travis looks like the first reliever we'd see. ERA 3.97.

If we think we are a hosting quality team, we need to win games like this today.

Ramblin'Man

Banned
BC starter today has recently been throwing as good as CT. Just a Fr, here's what he has done against ACC. IP, H, R, ER, BB, SO. Most recent first:

NC State 7.2IP / 2H / 1ER / 2 BB / 7 SO
FSU 7.0 / 2 / 0 / 1 / 8
Clemson 6.2 / 4/ 0 /5 / 8
WF 4.0 / 3 / 4 / 4/ 3
L'Ville 7.2 / 4 / 0 /3 / 4

So dude has only given up an earned run in two of 5 games. 1 to NC State and 4 to WF. And WF was 4 weeks ago. Shutting out FSU, Clemson and L'Ville! And he goes deep into the game. His only weakness looks like his 9 HBP. But his .95 WHIP is unbelievably good. CT's WHIP is 1.13 this year and 1.03 last. It's what has him up as top pitching draft prospect this year.
https://bceagles.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball

So do we force him to pitch more and pass up good pitches or jump on the first pitch if it looks good?

I don't think there is an answer; I prefer running up the pitch count and getting him out of the game by the 6th. Hope all our batters are like English and take the HBP! Take our chances with the bullpen. Lane Travis looks like the first reliever we'd see. ERA 3.97.

If we think we are a hosting quality team, we need to win games like this today.

We all know that we are about to get Charlie Browned today and lose the series to last place BC from Atlantic, happens everytime with CDH at the helm.

How may times will we continue to fall for it and think that GT beesball has turned the corner only to fall flat on our faces?? Well, I have been following for 20+ years and I am not falling for it today.

Mark my words we lose a close one and go 1-3 for the week to follow up a stellar performance last weeek..... it's what Danny Hall teams do. It's part of their DNA.....and why we are stuck in mediocrity and will continue to flounder until he his gone for good

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We all know that we are about to get Charlie Browned today and lose the series to last place BC from Atlantic, happens everytime with CDH at the helm.

How may times will we continue to fall for it and think that GT beesball has turned the corner?? I am not falling for it today, we lose a close one and go 1-3 for the week to follow up a stellar performance last weeek..... it's what Danny Hall teams do. It's part of their DNA.....
I see what you're doing here... the ol' reverse jinx/psychology deal. Nice work!

How may times will we continue to fall for it and think that GT beesball has turned the corner only to fall flat on our faces?? Well, I have been following for 20+ years and I am not falling for it today.

Mark my words we lose a close one and go 1-3 for the week to follow up a stellar performance last weeek..... it's what Danny Hall teams do. It's part of their DNA.....and why we are stuck in mediocrity and will continue to flounder until he his gone for good

One important thing you may be overlooking is that we just might have the 2nd best Sunday pitcher in the ACC. Let’s just see how it plays out today.

Deleted member 2897

Going 2-2 on the week would have been not great but just fine. We win today, and this week was just fine. We can’t beat top 10 teams every time, and going 2-1 on the road against BC was the goal.

My main complaint is that we have to stop losing game 1 - it gives us no room for mistakes and eventually it’s going to bite us.

We have at least 3 series left I can think of that if we swept them I wouldn’t be surprised.

I just watched 4 out of 5 leaders at the Masters hit their ball in the water off the tee on 11. Can’t let the pressure force you into bad decisions.