@BC

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@BC on a partially synthetic surface. Not as bad a Pitt but up there.

BC (74 RPI) is better than ND (104 RPI) IMHO. BC took 1 @ L'Ville (10), 1 @ WF (99), 1 from Clemson (18), 2 @FSU (98) and 1 from NC State (19). That's three teams with essentially our 22 RPI who couldn't sweep them.

We should expect to go 2-1. Hopefully X and CT can get the wins. BC usually wins on Sundays (L'Ville 6-4, Clemson 3-2, FSU 8-0, NC State 3-1. Only WF beat them on Sunday 3-13. So we score 10 on Sunday like we did against UNC and we should get that win. Not surprisingly, Nolan Ryan has us winning 2, Friday 5-1, Sat 5-1 and losing Sun 4-6.

It's baseball, anything can happen. I hope for a few stress free games with no blown 9 run leads. But people in hell want ice water; so buckle up. This team has the potential to be really really good with a few tweaks and breaks.

Deleted member 2897

@BC on a partially synthetic surface. Not as bad a Pitt but up there.

BC (74 RPI) is better than ND (104 RPI) IMHO. BC took 1 @ L'Ville (10), 1 @ WF (99), 1 from Clemson (18), 2 @FSU (98) and 1 from NC State (19). That's three teams with essentially our 22 RPI who couldn't sweep them.

We should expect to go 2-1. Hopefully X and CT can get the wins. BC usually wins on Sundays (L'Ville 6-4, Clemson 3-2, FSU 8-0, NC State 3-1. Only WF beat them on Sunday 3-13. So we score 10 on Sunday like we did against UNC and we should get that win. Not surprisingly, Nolan Ryan has us winning 2, Friday 5-1, Sat 5-1 and losing Sun 4-6.

It's baseball, anything can happen. I hope for a few stress free games with no blown 9 run leads. But people in hell want ice water; so buckle up. This team has the potential to be really really good with a few tweaks and breaks.

Nolan Ryan has us sweeping UNCheat LOL. 2-1s all the way baby. And then if we can get lucky and win the first 2 occasionally, maybe we can get a sweep somewhere. After borking uGA, we can’t afford to go less than 2-1. That would feel like erasing a lot of the hard work we’ve done in the last few weeks.

Deleted member 2897

Would be a great time for the first sweep of the season. Put a stranglehold on the Coastal and tread water with RPI.

AGREE 100%. The last 2 series of UNC and ND we lost the first game. CANNOT DO THAT THIS WEEK! We have to treat each game like its a 1 game series. We have all the pressure on us to win and BC has none.

25-11 overall, 12-6 in the ACC sounds SWEET!

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
The pressure will certainly be on. I'm looking at UNC's remaining ACC games. They close the season with NCSU, but besides that they have as easy a schedule as we do. Can't afford to lose a series, but a sweep would be HUGE. Every conference game from here on out matters.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The pressure will certainly be on. I'm looking at UNC's remaining ACC games. They close the season with NCSU, but besides that they have as easy a schedule as we do. Can't afford to lose a series, but a sweep would be HUGE. Every conference game from here on out matters.
Yes. UNC has almost exactly same schedule as us... on memory, I think Tech v Louisville & UNC v NCST is only difference.

Deleted member 2897

And we have the tiebreaker on UNCheat, so we’re in the drivers seat. 2-1s every where...and if we can win the first 2, hopefully we can steal a sweep a time or two.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And we have the tiebreaker on UNCheat, so we’re in the drivers seat. 2-1s every where...and if we can win the first 2, hopefully we can steal a sweep a time or two.
Honestly, I am not worried about those tiebreakers (I hope we don't need them). But I BADLY want to host a Regional as I think it is our best chance of advancing. To do that we will need to win enough to stay in the Top 16 in the nation regardless of what happens in the Coastal...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
AGREE 100%. The last 2 series of UNC and ND we lost the first game. CANNOT DO THAT THIS WEEK! ......

We are GT, we can do this! We can be just good enough to break your heart.

I am honestly encouraged by the way the pen pitched again tonight. Shirah was better than his final line, Barlow was very impressive and I wish Hall had left him in to finish that inning. Carpenter is such an enigma, dude either gets a strikeout or gives up an extra base hit. I'm guessing it's because he relies so much on his slider, but it's still really confusing. Willingham looked rusty and that could be because of the couple extra days of rest this week. He normally has excellent control, but walked five guys tonight.

Agree, we have a lot of short stint receiver depth. If Carpenter lets two on, pull him. If he's effective let him go on. Is the obvious really that hard?

This bullpen will be the death of me.

If by bullpen you mean the trio of Bartnicki, Gibson and Hughes, then what doesn't destroy you makes you stronger. It can't get any worse than 15 runs over 5 innings, can it?

Honestly, I am not worried about those tiebreakers (I hope we don't need them). But I BADLY want to host a Regional as I think it is our best chance of advancing. To do that we will need to win enough to stay in the Top 16 in the nation regardless of what happens in the Coastal...

Agree, I think the regional host advances about 70% of the time (memory). Not only are they the better team, but they are at home. I'd hate to go to UGAg or Florida again. But the NCAA is trying to keep teams more in their region to lessen travel and increase fan participation. So hosting the regional is what we need to advance (more than doubles chances from <30% to 70%.)

Deleted member 2897

We are GT, we can do this! We can be just good enough to break your heart.

Agree, we have a lot of short stint receiver depth. If Carpenter lets two on, pull him. If he's effective let him go on. Is the obvious really that hard?

If by bullpen you mean the trio of Bartnicki, Gibson and Hughes, then what doesn't destroy you makes you stronger. It can't get any worse than 15 runs over 5 innings, can it?

Agree, I think the regional host advances about 70% of the time (memory). Not only are they the better team, but they are at home. I'd hate to go to UGAg or Florida again. But the NCAA is trying to keep teams more in their region to lessen travel and increase fan participation. So hosting the regional is what we need to advance (more than doubles chances from <30% to 70%.)

It’s actually much higher than that if you play at home. YOUR chance at home is 70%. Everyone else combined is the other 30%. 3 other teams right, so just roughly that’s 10% chance if you don’t host?

Deleted member 2897

Just browsed BC's schedule this year. A few notes:
1) They lost 2 to Bethune-Cookman.
2) They lost both games to Evansville.
3) They lost to Northeastern.
4) Lost to Umass.
5) Lost to Hartford.
6) They've only scored more than 5-6 runs against a couple times all season.

Honestly, there is only 1 result I can find that is good - they went 2-1 against Florida State and nearly swept them (they lost the middle game 4-3).

It looks like if we can clear 5-6 runs, we shouldn't have a problem winning the series. I surely hope we can get that!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
D1 Baseball ranked the Top 100 Draft Eligible pitchers based on 2018 and 2019 stats.

#1 CT
#14 X

Just browsed BC's schedule this year. A few notes:
1) They lost 2 to Bethune-Cookman.
2) They lost both games to Evansville.
3) They lost to Northeastern.
4) Lost to Umass.
5) Lost to Hartford.
6) They've only scored more than 5-6 runs against a couple times all season.

Honestly, there is only 1 result I can find that is good - they went 2-1 against Florida State and nearly swept them (they lost the middle game 4-3).

It looks like if we can clear 5-6 runs, we shouldn't have a problem winning the series. I surely hope we can get that!

Too bad we aren't playing them mid-week or beginning of season. Anyway IIWII. With X and CT we should win first two. But we'll probably make it an adventure somehow.