@BC

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Chill guys. It’s baseball. Pitcher doesn’t have it every night, and neither do hitters. I did speak with someone who was at game, said umps were awful both ways, and if ball went above lights it disappeared. On a positive note , it’s day games to finish series. Think I’ll have another beer

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Kept up on twitter but wasn’t able to watch tonight. So was the bc starter that good or are our bats just still struggling this week? Also, what was going on with xay tonight? I felt like he was healthy after the bullpen appearance against the goats. I know it must be hard to get up for a series up there against a sub par team but it seemed like we didn’t even show up?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My only concern is whether X really has lost speed off his fastball because of arm issues. That would explain why he might have been very hittable last night. My impression is that X relies on blowing his fast ball by guys when he needs to.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
My only concern is whether X really has lost speed off his fastball because of arm issues. That would explain why he might have been very hittable last night. My impression is that X relies on blowing his fast ball by guys when he needs to.
I'm too the point where I want to see X moved to the pen. Go with a weekend rotation of Thomas, Hurter, Willingham, and Roedig. Then have English be the closer and X the first guy out of the pen.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First off, flush last night's game. I did that in the 8th inning. Our team is good at bouncing back. They may or may not today, it's baseball.

Second revel in UGAg losing 2 in a row to UT. Hope UT gets the sweep today.

Third, X has not been nearly as good this year in keeping his pitch count down. Baseball cube is down or I'd have the stats. It was good to see Lee, Brace and Winborne each get an inning. Let the guys who are gamers show it and stop trying to force feed Bartnicki and Gibson. Lee had two bad outings out of 10 this year but has been good otherwise with 6.0 total IP. Brace needs to experience and had his worst outing of the year but only has 5.1 IP total. Winborne was good but after 1.0 IP last night has a total of 3.1 for the year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm too the point where I want to see X moved to the pen. Go with a weekend rotation of Thomas, Hurter, Willingham, and Roedig. Then have English be the closer and X the first guy out of the pen.

Given the Thursday start next week, I'd take X out next week and let him get better by recovering in the pen too. Something isn't right. I think Roedig may be better than Willingham starting. Both have the same ERA but Roedig's b/avg is a lot less but more walks. Pick your poison.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Chill guys. It’s baseball. Pitcher doesn’t have it every night, and neither do hitters. I did speak with someone who was at game, said umps were awful both ways, and if ball went above lights it disappeared. On a positive note , it’s day games to finish series. Think I’ll have another beer
How am I suppose to do that? I am an grown *** adult male... with a vested emotional interest in an activity involving competition between groups of 18-23 yr old boys I have never met.... in which I have LITERALLY zero control. Chill? Impossible. ;) ...doesn't mean it isn't great advice.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Was sitting at 94 and hit 96 on Sunday. Don’t think that’s it.
I am relieved to hear that, at least.

But am now baffled as to why his outing was bad last night. Must be location. Maybe the bullpen suggestion is a good one for the time being....(but Hall is very loyal, to a fault, so I doubt it happens...)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How am I suppose to do that? I am an grown *** adult male... with a vested emotional interest in an activity involving competition between groups of 18-23 yr old boys I have never met.... in which I have LITERALLY zero control. Chill? Impossible. ;) ...doesn't mean it isn't great advice.

That's why I currently have the signature of "Rooting for GT Baseball is no crazier than most things in life." Got that from a hiking book and exchanged Walking to Rooting for GT Baseball.

When my wife gives me a hard time about caring about GT baseball, I point out that I find her quilting to be equally crazy.

Not rational, but neither is life.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Given the Thursday start next week, I'd take X out next week and let him get better by recovering in the pen too. Something isn't right. I think Roedig may be better than Willingham starting. Both have the same ERA but Roedig's b/avg is a lot less but more walks. Pick your poison.
I like a pitcher who is going to pound the zone more, so that would be Willingham at this point. I do love Roedig though. I want to see him and Bartnicki go to the Cape this summer because they are going to be starters next year.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't there (fortunately), but listened to the game on WREK. Sounded like there were a few bad calls early on that set the tone. I think Hall was out arguing with the umpires for each of the first 3 half innings. If I recall, one of them was a ball down the first base line called fair that English clearly thought was foul that resulted in a double and ended up as a run. Tough to overcome bad umpiring on the road in the ACC.

Also, BC is not as bad as their record may indicate. Yes, they've had some bad out of conference losses as bwelbo pointed out, but they've won one game each from @LOU, @WAKE, vs CLEM and vs NCSU, while winning 2 of 3 @FSU. Unfortunately for us, they've won the last game of each of those series except for @WAKE. So we've got our work cut out for us.