@BC

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wasn't there (fortunately), but listened to the game on WREK. Sounded like there were a few bad calls early on that set the tone. I think Hall was out arguing with the umpires for each of the first 3 half innings. If I recall, one of them was a ball down the first base line called fair that English clearly thought was foul that resulted in a double and ended up as a run. Tough to overcome bad umpiring on the road in the ACC.

Also, BC is not as bad as their record may indicate. Yes, they've had some bad out of conference losses as bwelbo pointed out, but they've won one game each from @LOU, @WAKE, vs CLEM and vs NCSU, while winning 2 of 3 @FSU. Unfortunately for us, they've won the last game of each of those series except for @WAKE. So we've got our work cut out for us.

Yup, got our work cut out. That's what I tried to point out to start. If I had to guess today, I'd only have us winning 1 of the next two games given how good BC is on Sundays. But I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.

Going to chat.

Deleted member 2897

Good start to the game. 0 runs T1 for us, but we got a hit and it took their pitcher 20 pitches to get out of the inning.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Danny just bunted Guldberg with a runner on 1st and no outs. A guy hitting .450 with a handful of SOs on the season. In the 3rd inning. Of a game we’re winning. Somebody has got to talk to this guy.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
How do you know it wasn't for a hit? I think Guldberg has a few hits that way this year.

Well it wasn’t a hit. You probably got a 55% chance he gets on base and a 75% chance he advances the runner if you just let him swing. and that’s likely higher than our success rate at bunting the last 5/6 years.

Either way this is college ball. Why the hell are you bunting the best damn hitter in the conference that early in the game with a lead. It’s ludicrous. Just giving away outs.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Still in chat.

Poor Oscar. Just wow.

Guy can't hit or field this year. Glad Webb is in.

Danny just bunted Guldberg with a runner on 1st and no outs. A guy hitting .450 with a handful of SOs on the season. In the 3rd inning. Of a game we’re winning. Somebody has got to talk to this guy.

Guldberg is very fast, got an in-field hit to start the game. Bunt for a hit makes sense to me.

Well it wasn’t a hit. You probably got a 55% chance he gets on base and a 75% chance he advances the runner if you just let him swing. and that’s likely higher than our success rate at bunting the last 5/6 years.

Either way this is college ball. Why the hell are you bunting the best damn hitter in the conference that early in the game with a lead. It’s ludicrous. Just giving away outs.

Those probabilities don't apply to Guldberg, only the average player. The best damn hitter has lots of in-field hits. Bunting someone like English might not be smart.

Great game 7-0. CT running into trouble in 5th though .......

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Webb comes in and throws a bullet to English "below the belt" after getting a force out at 3rd. Wiley describes what followed as a theatrical movement in which English decided to "enjoy the moment". He said a lot more, I got tears from laughing. Wiley is a natural.

Deleted member 2897

Still in chat.

Guy can't hit or field this year. Glad Webb is in.

Guldberg is very fast, got an in-field hit to start the game. Bunt for a hit makes sense to me.

Those probabilities don't apply to Guldberg, only the average player. The best damn hitter has lots of in-field hits. Bunting someone like English might not be smart.

Great game 7-0. CT running into trouble in 5th though .......

Oscar is our only guy without a hit today.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oscar is our only guy without a hit today.

He is pulled so he won't get a hit. Webb just made a great play according to Wiley in 7th. Oscar has 12 errors on season and is probably the worst fielding 3rd baseman in the ACC.

Thanks for the setup. I have a few things that I hang up on, if you haven't noticed. Can we bring in our back-up QB?