Auburn/Georgia talent vs GT

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You guys seem to care when "THE MEDIA IS BIASED AGAINST US" that we hear every year we're good.

"Haha Tech is so much better!" is all good and fun during hate week but move on with your life during the rest of the year.

the drinking that apparently surrounds the holiday season has led to a record number of unintelligible posts lately but of course I can only conflabulate about the most egregus of suprizgly bad poasts thta hve been latly maid hear on this fourem but of corze I have mayb had a fou 2 many miself sew i wil just leeve this her and go fix annuder one befor i pass......

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I wonder which of our fan bases are more hated? Your team's or GT's? Gtfo of here dwag lover

He's a uga grad and a Tech fan. I'll keep him. And he has a point. It's a funny joke / troll when made in jest. But when it gets used when the user is feeling butthurt...it's kinda an old, and not good look to outsiders.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We don’t. Not at this level anyways. The gap between the haves and have nots is as wide as it has ever been and will continue to grow. It isn’t just us. 95% of college football can’t compete at this level.

We had a passing game last year. Think of the big passes we hit in last year's game. JT was a true double threat. We also had Klock and Fromayan last year, iirc. Having OT's that do their job goes a long way, too.
But none of that indicates that Smart has figured out how to stop us. That's a matter of us not having enough talent this year, plus the inconsistency of what we had.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Give credit where it is due. The mutts made a huge leap in their play from last year to this. They have had a great season and are on the verge of an epic one.

I just can't express how much I want the mutts to flame out in the playoffs. I do wonder one thing however. Will it take the mutts winning it all...to finally spur our administration to spend what is necessary to compete? I think the answer to that is yes sadly. I'm not even certain that would do it though.

Give credit where it is due. The mutts made a huge leap in their play from last year to this. They have had a great season and are on the verge of an epic one.

I just can't express how much I want the mutts to flame out in the playoffs. I do wonder one thing however. Will it take the mutts winning it all...to finally spur our administration to spend what is necessary to compete? I think the answer to that is yes sadly. I'm not even certain that would do it though.
I can't argue that the mutts are good, but I still come back to the fact that they didn't play anybody the entire season except Auburn, and they split with them.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I don’t think uga winning it all would have any impact on our program. We raised the white flag against them post-flunkgate.

We celebrate CPJ’s 3 wins against UGA but in hindsight we will bemoan that we only had three because 2007-2016 will be seen as a low point between Richt’s run in the 00’s and what Kirby is about to do.

F—- uga

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Their is and always has been a talent gap between us and the bigs. The gap isn't as big as many in our fanbase feel at the moment. We typically feel this way after every "down" year and especially when the mutts are up.

Small improvements on a team can lead to huge differences in W/L. The mutts played with the same players this year except for Fromm.

We do have talent. Some excellent talent in some spots, especially OL. We don't have the wealth of it across the board and thus lack depth. We always do. We get our OL healthy, improve the kicking game, we will have a good year next year imo. If we can manage a competent QB rush from our DEs also and we could have an excellent year.

Those are "ifs" though. Teams with greater depth overcome more of these types of ifs.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don’t think uga winning it all would have any impact on our program. We raised the white flag against them post-flunkgate.

We celebrate CPJ’s 3 wins against UGA but in hindsight we will bemoan that we only had three because 2007-2016 will be seen as a low point between Richt’s run in the 00’s and what Kirby is about to do.

F—- uga

Kirby is gonna lose a huge amount of talent. They will still have a lot but I seriously doubt they sniff this level of success next year.