Auburn/Georgia talent vs GT

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
If this is news to anyone then please wake up and join me in 2017 where college football is 10x different than it was even just 10 years ago
It's not news to me, it just sounded like you weren't in agreement. If every offseason thread was newsworthy then it wouldn't be an offseason.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
All I’m saying is that we finally have an administration that says it’s willing to do what it takes to level the playing field. Yet I enter the conversation in page 6 after reading how we will never compete. People complain even when they’re given a potential solution.
I missed this. When did they say tha?

GT_Dre27

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s so obvious how the talent on the SECCG field overmatches ours. I can’t think of a single GT player who’d start in this game except for Percy. How do we compete? Get better players. You have to win the LOS in this league if you want to win games.
In my opinion, more kids waste their talents and time on playing Scout Team/4th fiddle by chasing the dream of making it to the NFL by way of these traditional big name, big booster, big revenue Power 5 Stock Yards. As opposed to making a smart decision and take their 4/5 star pedigree to schools like GT, Vandy, Northwestern, etc.
I challenge 20-25 (4/5) Star recruits to give CPJ & GT academic curriculum 2/3 years of their time.
UGA has yet another commitment from an All World 5 star dual threat QB....and where's the logic behind that? Go sit behind two already established 5 Star QB's in Eason and Fromm? Which just so happen to be a Freshman and Sophomore keep in mind. More kids are being molded to chase a winning tradition instead of carving out their own path to success.
It's about perspective... Imho

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
In my opinion, more kids waste their talents and time on playing Scout Team/4th fiddle by chasing the dream of making it to the NFL by way of these traditional big name, big booster, big revenue Power 5 Stock Yards. As opposed to making a smart decision and take their 4/5 star pedigree to schools like GT, Vandy, Northwestern, etc.
I challenge 20-25 (4/5) Star recruits to give CPJ & GT academic curriculum 2/3 years of their time.
UGA has yet another commitment from an All World 5 star dual threat QB....and where's the logic behind that? Go sit behind two already established 5 Star QB's in Eason and Fromm? Which just so happen to be a Freshman and Sophomore keep in mind. More kids are being molded to chase a winning tradition instead of carving out their own path to success.
It's about perspective... Imho

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Eason is gonna transfer out, and Fromm is someone he thinks he can probably beat. Maybe not year 1, but after a RS year I wouldn't be surprised.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m confused by this whole thread. Was I dreaming when I read that AD Stan was going to make sure CPJ had equal staff/recruiting assets to all other programs before considering coaching changes. I would think that those changes would be the first step towards addressing AU/UGA(sic) talent vs GT. Jesus.

You were dreaming.

Let's be careful here: Stansbury NEVER said he was going to make sure PJ had equal staff/recruiting assets. This was all Twitter quotes from Kelly Quinlan who intimated that Stansbury was going to do it.

Now, I certainly hope Kelly's right, but let's not get assume it's a done deal until, well, it's a done deal. And even if it is true, things like that will take time to show any fruitful results.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Auburn got the butts handed to them. Do they have inferior personnel too.

I refuse to know the players playing for this team.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Auburn got the butts handed to them. Do they have inferior personnel too.

I refuse to know the players playing for this team.
Players don’t always perform to the level of their talent. Both games (mutts vs Aub) had this scenario play out, only the roles reversed the second time.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I fear that CPJ is gonna have to deal with the kind of UGA teams that CCG did. He hasn’t had to deal with top 10 UGA teams regularly. I think he’s going to have to for years to come. We’re probablh staring another 5+ game losing streak to them in the face.

/puke
yep,think Vince Dooley -hmmm

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Talent wise we are an I4 with a turbo competing with v6 teams. And some of those with a V6 are upgrading to a V8. Taking them head on is just not going to work. We have to find another way.