Auburn/Georgia talent vs GT

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
This says it all. Their Scholar athletes of the game were:
UGA - Journalism major
Auburn- Community Planning

GT has a media major through the Liberal Arts college. GT will tell you it is a journalism major. UGa has a very good journalism school.
Community Planning? Sounds like architecture light. If we don't have this major, we should. We do have Public Policy, another liberal arts major at GT.

Academics will probably keep us from being a perennial top 10 team, but we can be top 25 with the right leadership. We were top 25 from1997-2001--when we had leadership.

Academics are not the reason we have had losing seasons 2 out of the last 3 years.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm saying that Shart knows D better and has already figured out how to shut us down. So far, ol' Shart does seem to be doing better with Richt's boys than Richt did. Kinda like CPJ with Gailey's talent.

this then begs the question...would a defensive minded coach get more out of CPJ's talent than CPJ does? Because you have cited 2 examples where a different coach can squeeze better results out of the former coach's results. Oddly enough, CMR is squeezing better results out of the talent that UM has than his predecessor did. But yet, someone else posted a link saying that changing coaches (Nebraska, UT (both versions), etc.) isn't always necessarily a good thing. I don't know about you, but I have paralysis by analysis.

this then begs the question...would a defensive minded coach get more out of CPJ's talent than CPJ does? Because you have cited 2 examples where a different coach can squeeze better results out of the former coach's results. Oddly enough, CMR is squeezing better results out of the talent that UM has than his predecessor did. But yet, someone else posted a link saying that changing coaches (Nebraska, UT (both versions), etc.) isn't always necessarily a good thing. I don't know about you, but I have paralysis by analysis.

Well, Cutcliffe has now whipped us 3 of 4. Bronco Mendenhall has us figured out. Miami has out-talented us and will now out-coach us (Richt owns CPJ). Dabo figured out to let his assistants do the heavy-lifting. And now Kirby Sharthead just put the clamps on us/

I don't think a defensive-minded coach would do any worse with the talent we have. We've had 2 of 3 losing seasons now and 2 of 3 seasons where we weren't one of the 80 teams that get a bowl invite. Not sure any coach can come in here and do much worse than that. If CPJ decided to retire tomorrow though, he's not leaving much behind for the next guy. No WRs, some A-backs, a converted RB at QB, no TE, no 300#ers on the DL, a bunch of ankle-diving fish floppers on the OL, a PK who can't make FGs. And a good punter.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Couldn't agree more. He's not a great safety.

I said this earlier in the year and got lit up. Lol he doesn't have ball skills. Thing about him being a linebacker is he would have to actually hit someone. Plays soft IMO

I'm saying that Shart knows D better and has already figured out how to shut us down. So far, ol' Shart does seem to be doing better with Richt's boys than Richt did. Kinda like CPJ with Gailey's talent.
How has he figured out how to shut us down? He sure didn't last year, and the way the offense performed last week was more a function of out inconsistent offense this year than anything Smart did.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
How has he figured out how to shut us down? He sure didn't last year, and the way the offense performed last week was more a function of out inconsistent offense this year than anything Smart did.
We had a passing game last year. Think of the big passes we hit in last year's game. JT was a true double threat. We also had Klock and Fromayan last year, iirc. Having OT's that do their job goes a long way, too.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Can confirm that I have never wondered or cared about other fan bases opinions.
You guys seem to care when "THE MEDIA IS BIASED AGAINST US" that we hear every year we're good.

"Haha Tech is so much better!" is all good and fun during hate week but move on with your life during the rest of the year.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
You guys seem to care when "THE MEDIA IS BIASED AGAINST US" that we hear every year we're good.

"Haha Tech is so much better!" is all good and fun during hate week but move on with your life during the rest of the year.

Uga is a plantation I'll never support anything their school does and I will talk trash about what pieces of **** they are as often as I'd like.