Auburn/Georgia talent vs GT

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
All I’m saying is that we finally have an administration that says it’s willing to do what it takes to level the playing field. Yet I enter the conversation in page 6 after reading how we will never compete. People complain even when they’re given a potential solution.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
They may deserve it, but I will never offer congrats to them. They are scum from the cesspool as far as I am concerned.

Good, let your true feelings flow. Don't hold anything back. FWIW I agree 100% but they do deserve credit for putting together an effective game plan and beating a team that had just recently embarrassed them on national television.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
The idea that we’re so lacking in talent is a bit frustrating. What we lack is depth. Go back to even the 2012 or 2013 seasons. We had Gotsis, Watts, White, Milton, Attaochu, and Thomas, who all suited up for an NFL game on an active roster.

Our defense has lacked strong coaching and depth; it has not lacked talent.

We’re talking about our talent vs. teams with more talent than us. Picking a few years where we beat a few teams with more talent than us doesn’t disprove the point we are outmatched talent-wise. Can we still win games against more talented teams than us? Of course. But what’s our combined record vs. UGA, Clemson, VT, and FSU? It doesn’t have a zero in the win column, but it sure has more Ls than Ws - as it should with the talent discrepancy.
We are 5-6 against Clemson under Johnson, having lost the last 3. We are 3-2 against FSU, 3-6 against VT, and 3-6 against Georgia. I personally think things are looking up in the VT series, but we are going to just have to pray a lot before the Clemson and Georgia games for the foreseeable future....LOL

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Well, you're right, but we've actually had success against FSU. We're 3-2 against them since CPJ got here.

True. The past two games against them probably took years off my life, but I was there for both and wouldn’t trade either for anything.

I was pretty close to the 2014 team and remember convincing some of the devestated seniors after the game at the buses that we still were going to play in the Orange Bowl. I’ll never forget those guys telling me while fighting back tears after the FSU loss that if they did get a shot at the Orange Bowl, they wouldn’t lose to whoever they played. Special f****** group man.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
We are 5-6 against Clemson under Johnson, having lost the last 3. We are 3-2 against FSU, 3-6 against VT, and 3-6 against Georgia. I personally think things are looking up in the VT series, but we are going to just have to pray a lot before the Clemson and Georgia games for the foreseeable future....LOL

Yeah but Clemson only became a factory in the past 3-4 years... so that makes my point doesn’t it?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We’re talking about our talent vs. teams with more talent than us. Picking a few years where we beat a few teams with more talent than us doesn’t disprove the point we are outmatched talent-wise. Can we still win games against more talented teams than us? Of course. But what’s our combined record vs. UGA, Clemson, VT, and FSU? It doesn’t have a zero in the win column, but it sure has more Ls than Ws - as it should with the talent discrepancy.

If this is news to anyone then please wake up and join me in 2017 where college football is 10x different than it was even just 10 years ago

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
No it’s not. It’s the typical complaining about why we aren’t beating other teams. Live in the past or live in the future. I’ve got to take a break because the whining and lack of confidence is just too hard to stomach.
Actually it is. Also of note, Dressedcheeseside only has like 10,000+ posts worth of content and always brings good content and discussions to the board, like this thread for instance. You sir by the comment above basically fed your own stereotype. Re-read what you posted and look back at your posts. After your break bring something for us to discuss! ;)

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
No it’s not. It’s the typical complaining about why we aren’t beating other teams. Live in the past or live in the future. I’ve got to take a break because the whining and lack of confidence is just too hard to stomach.
Actually it is. Also of note, Dressedcheeseside only has like 10,000+ posts worth of content and always brings good content and discussions to the board, like this thread for instance. You sir by the comment above basically fed your own stereotype. Re-read what you posted and look back at your posts. After your break bring something for us to discuss! ;)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It’s so obvious how the talent on the SECCG field overmatches ours. I can’t think of a single GT player who’d start in this game except for Percy. How do we compete? Get better players. You have to win the LOS in this league if you want to win games.

Hard to say. I look at Tennessee’s talent and yet, it’s a dumpster fire of a program despite having Top 5 facilities. It’s the whole smash ... good facilities, good coaching, a solid plan, and commitment.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
And got reinjured, intentionally, by the dawgs number 18 after Carryon was down in the first half

And how about the UGA player that put his helmet in the back of the Auburn QB’s helmet after he was already down. UGA likes to get their extras in after the play. Remember DeAndre Smelter? What was it? Torn ACL after the play was over in 2014? Dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
And how about the UGA player that put his helmet in the back of the Auburn QB’s helmet after he was already down. UGA likes to get their extras in after the play. Remember DeAndre Smelter? What was it? Torn ACL after the play was over in 2014? Dirty.

My recollection of Smelter May be wrong so scratch this. ^^^^ I feel like I remember something bad in the play when he got hurt but I can’t find a video clip.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s so obvious how the talent on the SECCG field overmatches ours. I can’t think of a single GT player who’d start in this game except for Percy. How do we compete? Get better players. You have to win the LOS in this league if you want to win games.
Yea but how many of those players could stay in GT and be eligible to play . ugag is around 8O PERCENT special admits those guys are there just to play ball and for the fringe benefits .

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The idea that we’re so lacking in talent is a bit frustrating. What we lack is depth. Go back to even the 2012 or 2013 seasons. We had Gotsis, Watts, White, Milton, Attaochu, and Thomas, who all suited up for an NFL game on an active roster.

Our defense has lacked strong coaching and depth; it has not lacked talent.

Not really any true DTs in that list. We lack big nasties, & yes, depth.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Really can't argue with much of this. I will say if GT can ever get a few quality DTs and LBs, (big AND fast) it will make a huge difference.

It appears to me that recruiting these positions, along with WR, is getting more & more difficult. Evidence? Austrailia and Germany.