Attendance Next Year - Predictions Please

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully this is an emotional post. For example, I hope we don’t hire Monken, but if he is the guy I’ll have my *** in Bobby Dodd because I love my school. Once the hire is made we have to get behind the coach, if he was your choice or not.
I will still watch no matter who is hired. As a sidewalk who lives in Tampa I Spend a lot of money just getting to games. Between cost of the 2 tickets, the donation to the program because of where I sit, and airfare, it hard to justify going if you don’t like the hire. It doesn’t mean I don’t pick back up at some point in the future.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
If we go Monken or other CPJ-tree, attendance will remain the same or go up slightly in the short term. If we go someone else, attendance will spike in the short term and then level back to current trends in the long term. If we go Monken, and get on fire again like we did in many of the CPJ years, attendance will uptick based on that.

The moral of the story is: Don't f'n pick a coach based on fan-perception. Pick a coach based on success/production in wins. The former strategy will ultimately backfire and defeat its own purpose, and could seriously take GT football down the drain for a good while.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t think we are too far from our floor, so I don’t expect much of a decline (if any). If we start playing really exciting football AND win, i do think we can realize an attendance boost.. but I think winning is the more important factor.
That's crazy. If we have a series of 2-10, 3-9 season, I think you'll see what the 'floor' looks like. We are a bit spoiled, we've had a very long run of relative success. If we were to go thru a spell like Duke or Wake has had, we could easily end up with attendance in the teens and 20s for games.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Good attendance the first couple of games just to see what it looks like and if we are competitive. Then increasing if we’re competitive, decreasing if we’re not. Regardless of the type of offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
That's crazy. If we have a series of 2-10, 3-9 season, I think you'll see what the 'floor' looks like. We are a bit spoiled, we've had a very long run of relative success. If we were to go thru a spell like Duke or Wake has had, we could easily end up with attendance in the teens and 20s for games.
This, Tech has reached a precipice. Hire the wrong coach, and fail to commit to football, and Tech becomes Wake or Vandy really quick. We don’t have the money that a lot of people on here think we do.

Animal02

Banned
You spelled delusional wrong. :D

Animal02

Banned
If we go Monken or other CPJ-tree, attendance will remain the same or go up slightly in the short term. If we go someone else, attendance will spike in the short term and then level back to current trends in the long term. If we go Monken, and get on fire again like we did in many of the CPJ years, attendance will uptick based on that.

The moral of the story is: Don't f'n pick a coach based on fan-perception. Pick a coach based on success/production in wins. The former strategy will ultimately backfire and defeat its own purpose, and could seriously take GT football down the drain for a good while.
Not just success / production.......at TEch it has to be the right "fit" as well. We are not your average run of the mill state school.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I'll have by butt in the seat regardless of who it is. I really hope we do make a splash with whoever we hire. I love the TO when it is working, and would love to stick with it in some form, but I also agree with many of the folks on this board that say we need to modernize. Bring back the diamond! Lol.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck

This man speaks wisdom.