Attendance Next Year - Predictions Please

Milwaukee

Banned
I believe attendance would really improve if we played all of our home games at night (7:00 pm kickoffs), TV or no TV.

I don’t care about the TV money for noon kickoffs, especially for games in September and October when it’s just too hot for folks in the East Stands. I believe it is more important to make the in-person fans comfortable so that they are more likely to come out and attend our games at night and thus make it a more enjoyable experience—especially when all the skyscrapers surrounding BDS@HGF are lit up.

Maybe we should just move our home games to Telluride or even, Milwaukee...

The guys that constantly ***** about how hot it is during a football game in Atlanta, GA make me wanna vomit. This doesn't mean I don't like you, it just means you make me wanna vomit when you bring this up.

Animal02

Banned
I believe attendance would really improve if we played all of our home games at night (7:00 pm kickoffs), TV or no TV.

I don’t care about the TV money for noon kickoffs, especially for games in September and October when it’s just too hot for folks in the East Stands. I believe it is more important to make the in-person fans comfortable so that they are more likely to come out and attend our games at night and thus make it a more enjoyable experience—especially when all the skyscrapers surrounding BDS@HGF are lit up.
In case you haven't noticed.....they really do not care about fan experience...They cannot arbitrarily opt out of telivisef games....the network rule, the game day fans are screwed.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Predict a 10% overall increase in actual attendance....
My wife and I doubled our annual giving commitment for this year, NOT because we were "holding back" before per se, just because we are excited and want to do our part for the effort to elevate the program.. we also reserved 2 extra season Tix because we have passive Tech friends that are now interested in going with us.

TechTwinsMomma

Georgia Tech Fan
I can CONFIRM there will be 2 more season ticket holders.
New member here and not sure how season tickets work. Looking at purchasing for the first time possibly 2-4 tickets. I grew up attending games with my grandfather about 15 rows off the 35 yard line on Tech sideline. Want to look for that same area, any ideas where to get information or cost?

New member here and not sure how season tickets work. Looking at purchasing for the first time possibly 2-4 tickets. I grew up attending games with my grandfather about 15 rows off the 35 yard line on Tech sideline. Want to look for that same area, any ideas where to get information or cost?
Go to ramblinwreck.com and click on "Tickets" and in the drop down menu that comes up, you will see "Football" with "Tickets" and "Information". Click on either of those and a page will come up where you can make a deposit for 2019 season tickets.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The head coach is out signing folks up.

Next thing u know he will be asking to speak at Alumni meetings. Wonder if we ever had a coach speak at an alumni meeting in south ga.

Both O'Leary and Gailey came to Augusta several times. Johnson came once, but then, at least from what I understood, they stopped sending coaches to alumni gatherings, and the alumni club in Augusta fell apart anyway.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Both O'Leary and Gailey came to Augusta several times. Johnson came once, but then, at least from what I understood, they stopped sending coaches to alumni gatherings, and the alumni club in Augusta fell apart anyway.
Thats sad.

I hope u and your buddies can restore that tradition. Bet that would be fun.

Maybe buy the lunch for the area hs principals and head coaches who are the guests of honor. 86% of football players we sign graduate.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I could see that easily. They did a 5 year average at the beginning of this year based on home games and we were 42nd. Of course, I assume this average is based on tickets purchased not butts in seats, meaning the odd years are inflated by mutt season tickets bought. I also assume 2018 was worse than whats listed for 2017, so our attendance was definitely on the decline.

Crazy that 2015 was so high, but I again would attribute that to season tickets since 2014 was such a good year we sold ~34k season tickets (includes student season tickets). Our max season tickets I think was 2009 which was ~ 35K (does not include student season tickets as that wasn't tracked until the following year).

42 Georgia Tech

2017: 46885

2016: 47503

2015: 50707

2014: 48519

2013: 49077

Average: 48538.20

At the orange bowl the head of AA said donations were way up.
I wonder if that data could be identified.
Would be interesting if Alumi donation had a bump from 14 to 15 .

If u drop 15 as an anomaly in the slow steady decline from 49077 at about 500 per year. Projecting that to 19 would be
about 46,000 .
I am going to say average attendance in dirstc6cgames is 48,000 and 49,000 in back half. In 20 when we play clem, ND uga = 50,000

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Made my deposit and made sizable AT contribution. At least sizable for me. Does anyone know approximately what AT rank qualifies for sec 205 these days?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
The head coach is out signing folks up.

Next thing u know he will be asking to speak at Alumni meetings. Wonder if we ever had a coach speak at an alumni meeting in south ga.
When Cremins was still the HC in BB....his assistant spoke at an alumni meeting in Detroit. Not sure who paid for it.....but obviously that type of spending is way in the past.

At the orange bowl the head of AA said donations were way up.
I wonder if that data could be identified.
Would be interesting if Alumi donation had a bump from 14 to 15 .

If u drop 15 as an anomaly in the slow steady decline from 49077 at about 500 per year. Projecting that to 19 would be
about 46,000 .
I am going to say average attendance in dirstc6cgames is 48,000 and 49,000 in back half. In 20 when we play clem, ND uga = 50,000
In 2020, we play the mutts in Athens, not Atlanta.