Attendance Next Year - Predictions Please

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Since at Clemson is our first game, if we lose it badly, then attendance for the first home game will probably be no better than it was for the early games this year. If we keep it close or somehow win it, then attendance should be strong for the first home game. After that is anybody's guess.
Reasonable opinion.

There are some that said attendance was down recently due to coach and scheme. Hoping those folks chime in as well as I expect their predictions to have no caveats.

Animal02

Banned
Since at Clemson is our first game, if we lose it badly, then attendance for the first home game will probably be no better than it was for the early games this year. If we keep it close or somehow win it, then attendance should be strong for the first home game. After that is anybody's guess.
Regardless, the lower East will appear empty on the TV broadcasts for most of the game.

Jmonty71

Banned
Fact... People go to games, when the team is winning. Look at the Braves, they were winning and the stadium was sold out, game after game. They start losing and barely 5K attend, some games. We are no different. I think, until we field a winning team, attendance will continue to decline.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would expect both of these to increase with the new offense and coach. We know how many people on here complained about the boring TO offense and grumpy head coach. Thoughts?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I loved the offense . Came to games, got great seats, watched ol play thru binoculars.
Wife asked "is new coach is going to have our guys pass like the guys we watched at baylor? "

Real men like blocking.

Fans like passing.

I am hoping for an aggressive defensive scheme that I can enjoy.

Yes attendance will be up = because its new and cgc will insist GTAA GET OUT AND MARKET IN THE ATL.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m back in for 19, been awhile. The option was a really hard sell to anyone that didn’t truly love football. Our group dwindled from 14 down to a handful, at which point it didn’t make sense anymore. I’m hopeful a few more will get back on board this year, or in 20 and 21 when the home schedules look great

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously a lot of people complained about the TO offense and CPJ, but boring is the LAST word I would use to describe the TO offense or ANY game where CPJ was coaching...Like the TO offense or not, it meant you never knew what was going to happen - and I always felt like we had at least a 50/50 shot against almost anyone. The UVA game this year was 7 lead changes, OT, 4 field goals, a safety, and ONE diving catch. it was the MOST exciting game I've EVER seen at Bobby Dodd - (although it was way more fun to win with Miracle on Techwood Drive) - because it was so intense. And the fans were into the game! And it was at night!! But I agree, many people just want to see passing....so line up in the shotgun, hike the ball back 8 yards, count to three and throw it 5. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 500 times. Somehow that is interesting to most people. I guess @swarmer said it best if you didn't truly love football it was hard to sell anyone. Guess I just love real football. :)

Grumpy is how many people describe CPJ - I again disagree. I think he was sarcastic and quite funny! I get why people thought what they did of him, but he amused me greatly over the years, especially as of late when he said to the 680 reporter who said GT should be able to compete on recruiting as well as UGA and CPJ said he thought 680 should be able to compete with 750...now I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.

Now, I do hope that a coaching change increases the attendance, and I am still planning to be a season ticket holder - but if Ws don't end up on the board, any bump in attendance won't last long.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m donating what I normally spend on season tickets. I have a son too young to take to games yet, so I had to forgo my season tickets last year and this year. But I will get down to a least one home game this year.

I was pretty much done with my season tickets anyway until the coaching change was made and I’m juiced for Collins and his staff. I hate it that I can’t get down to all the games now.