Attendance Next Year - Predictions Please

You are very naive when it comes to Tech fans, or fans of any school, for that matter. There MIGHT be a bump in attendance, but probably not much of one in ST purchases. The real increase in both won't happen here, or anywhere, until the wins start piling up. I would LOVE for that to happen immediately, but the realist in me says it won't till after the BRUTAL 2020 season.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Have had season tickets for 37 years will still get them this year, will try and put off knee replacement one more year and get shots once a month and drink beer. I see an increase but not so much in season tickets more in individual games too many fans live so far season tickets are hard for them. Keep winning will help play Clemson hard and it being there first game anything can happen.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Average attendance

I could see that easily. They did a 5 year average at the beginning of this year based on home games and we were 42nd. Of course, I assume this average is based on tickets purchased not butts in seats, meaning the odd years are inflated by mutt season tickets bought. I also assume 2018 was worse than whats listed for 2017, so our attendance was definitely on the decline.

Crazy that 2015 was so high, but I again would attribute that to season tickets since 2014 was such a good year we sold ~34k season tickets (includes student season tickets). Our max season tickets I think was 2009 which was ~ 35K (does not include student season tickets as that wasn't tracked until the following year).

42 Georgia Tech

2017: 46885

2016: 47503

2015: 50707

2014: 48519

2013: 49077

Average: 48538.20

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Fans want to see results on the field.

I believe, eventually, attendance will increase to coincide with better recruiting.

No way of knowing, but have got to believe, after QLB and if CPJ stayed with IIWII, attendance would have suffered in a major way.

Believe after 1 - 3 start TStan started seeing & hearing things relating to this.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
We may see a small initial bump, but with a new offense and a new defense, I am expecting maybe 6 wins next year and then with the potentially really tough 2020 probably 5-7 wins there. 2020 will be a nice bump in attendance due to the teams we are playing as those are some good tickets but the results on the field will not be so pleasant, setting up for 2021 to probably be one of our worst attended seasons since CCG. But 2021 we may end up with a 9+ win season setting up for a nice rebound in attendance in 2022, but not as good as the 2020 attendance. Hard for me to see much past 2022 though.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I think there are 60,000+ people in the Atlanta area looking for something to do any given Saturday. Not counting Tech fans. If we could tap into that, we could sell every home game out. Look at Pro Soccer.

wgardiner3

Jolly Good Fellow
We will be renewing our season tickets next year even if we have to sell a the majority because of the 1 year old. I think season ticket holders will increase slightly. I think average attendance will either increase slightly or remain the same for the first few games and then will adjust based on how the program is doing. My ideal kickoff time would be 3:30 because we are in the shade for the 1 year old and we get home close to her bed time, but I understand the demand for night games. Noon is just too hot before late October or early November.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I believe attendance would really improve if we played all of our home games at night (7:00 pm kickoffs), TV or no TV.

I don’t care about the TV money for noon kickoffs, especially for games in September and October when it’s just too hot for folks in the East Stands. I believe it is more important to make the in-person fans comfortable so that they are more likely to come out and attend our games at night and thus make it a more enjoyable experience—especially when all the skyscrapers surrounding BDS@HGF are lit up.

We will be renewing our season tickets next year even if we have to sell a the majority because of the 1 year old. I think season ticket holders will increase slightly. I think average attendance will either increase slightly or remain the same for the first few games and then will adjust based on how the program is doing. My ideal kickoff time would be 3:30 because we are in the shade for the 1 year old and we get home close to her bed time, but I understand the demand for night games. Noon is just too hot before late October or early November.
Actually, although I prefer 3:30 over noon, it's hotter at 3:30 than it is at noon in September