Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 55-47 2nd place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 46-61 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins tonight at 7:30. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 7-7 Julio Teheran and the starting pitcher for the Marlins will be 3-7 Wei Yen Chen.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Well ... a few comments from over the weekend.
We apparently can't hit left-handed pitching, this really needs to be fixed maybe we need to add a right-handed bat
It might be good karma, losing 3/4 over the weekend and still only 1-1/2 games back (and thank you Cincy)
Thought Newcomb had it yesterday, hopefully this will get him turned back around
Not wowed by the new bullpen adds, but fresh blood can't hurt
It's a long season we just need to continue to stay in the picture, then get hot at the end

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well ... a few comments from over the weekend.
We apparently can't hit left-handed pitching, this really needs to be fixed maybe we need to add a right-handed bat
It might be good karma, losing 3/4 over the weekend and still only 1-1/2 games back (and thank you Cincy)
Thought Newcomb had it yesterday, hopefully this will get him turned back around
Not wowed by the new bullpen adds, but fresh blood can't hurt
It's a long season we just need to continue to stay in the picture, then get hot at the end
I actually think that coming into the series against LA, the Braves had the best offense in the league against LH starters.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't see that, his fastball velocity is still 91-92 he just can't locate consistently. Even this year when he's been on he's been almost unhittable.
Teheran is just so frustrating because he has ace potential if he could put it all together. He still has value though as he's on an affordable and team friendly contract. He also gives you 30 starts and around 200 innings a year. His ERA is a little above league average. I would love to have 5 aces, but nobody has ever had that, so you kind if need a guy like Teheran that is cheap and can eat innings. If Allard shows out tomorrow and Soroka becomes healthy in the offseason or if we get a big time ace, then Teheran becomes expendable in my mind.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Could this be the Braves starting pitching staff in 2019?

Newcomb
Foltynewicz
Siroka
Fried
Toussaint
I like the sound of that rotation, but my only concern would be the youth. I believe if the rotation is that, then it means that the Braves would have traded both Gohara and Allard though. It's time that the front office starts making decisions on who to keep and who to trade to help bolster the major league club.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I like the sound of that rotation, but my only concern would be the youth. I believe if the rotation is that, then it means that the Braves would have traded both Gohara and Allard though. It's time that the front office starts making decisions on who to keep and who to trade to help bolster the major league club.
I agree the Braves need a veteran arm in that lineup if possible;)(y)