Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to trade Tehran. He is league average pitcher, but he is a good ball player. He is on a team friendly contract, he takes the ball every fifth day, he'll give you around 30 starts, he is a .500 pitcher, he's the best bunter and hitting pitcher we have. He also has the best RHP pick off move in the game. Tehran is just very inconsistent which drives me nuts, but other than that, he is worth keeping. I mean a rotation next year of Ace (I don't know who we'll get here, but we'll get somebody), Folty, Newk, Tehran, and Soroka/Fried is a very good and solid rotation.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to trade Tehran. He is league average pitcher, but he is a good ball player. He is on a team friendly contract, he takes the ball every fifth day, he'll give you around 30 starts, he is a .500 pitcher, he's the best bunter and hitting pitcher we have. He also has the best RHP pick off move in the game. Tehran is just very inconsistent which drives me nuts, but other than that, he is worth keeping. I mean a rotation next year of Ace (I don't know who we'll get here, but we'll get somebody), Folty, Newk, Tehran, and Soroka/Fried is a very good and solid rotation.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Braves trade for Stephen Strasburg late in the season or in the offseason.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't mind seeing the Braves trade for Stephen Strasburg late in the season or in the offseason.
I would like to have Strasburg, but I wouldn't want to give up a ton of prospects to the Nationals. That would come back to bite us in the long run. I would really like to see us go after Archer or in a perfect world, Bumgarner.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I hope the Braves trade for a starter before or at the trade deadline
I've been thinking more and more about trades the Braves should make and I would love for us to do a blockbuster deal with the Reds for Iglesias and Suarez. I imagine that it would take 5 players so Pache, Allard, Cumberland, Gohara, and Zimmerman ought to get that done. I would also think about giving up either Camargo, Swanson, or Riley in this deal instead of one of the pitchers. It would be a lot to give up, but Suarez is hitting .300 with 22 HR and Iglesias is one of the best closers in the game. They are also both controllable for a few more years.

Then we just need to trade for JA Happ and not give up much for a rental starter.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I've been thinking more and more about trades the Braves should make and I would love for us to do a blockbuster deal with the Reds for Iglesias and Suarez. I imagine that it would take 5 players so Pache, Allard, Cumberland, Gohara, and Zimmerman ought to get that done. I would also think about giving up either Camargo, Swanson, or Riley in this deal instead of one of the pitchers. It would be a lot to give up, but Suarez is hitting .300 with 22 HR and Iglesias is one of the best closers in the game. They are also both controllable for a few more years.

Then we just need to trade for JA Happ and not give up much for a rental starter.
I agree the Braves need to do that(y)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Phillies take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. Braves will not win their series vs LA....which starts tomorrow night. The Fade has begun....

In truth, I expected that next year was going to be the year anyway.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 54-44 2nd place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 56-46 1st place in the NL West LA Dodgers on Thursday at 7:35 pm. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 5-2 Anibal Sanchez and the starting pitcher for the Dodgers will be 3-4 Rich Hill.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 54-45 2nd place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 57-46 1st place in the NL West LA Dodgers.The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 7-6 Mike Foltynewicz and the starting pitcher for the Dodgers will be 3-5 Clayton Kershaw.