Atlanta Braves News

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Braves proving what kind of team they really are right now. Playing 0.500 ball against weak clubs and losing ball against good teams.

Meanwhile, everyone else is trading prospects for help right now. Things will get worse for the Braves this year.

Given that so many of the pitching prospects seem to wash out, I am starting to wonder about their approach. Remember Matt Wisler? He came up with Foltz and is now back down at Gwinnett and seems like he has reached his ceiling (4.37 ERA in AAA this year). Gohara? No thanks (1-4 with a 5.67 ERA in Gwinnett). Max Fried? Um, 2-4 with a 3.93 ERA with the AAA farm team and a 1.45 WHIP with the big club.

Some of these guys may become serviceable big league pitchers (Folty, maybe Sirocco, maybe Newcombe.....and maybe even Lucas Sims).

But this team desperately needs a stopper, a #1 pitcher who can anchor the rest of the staff.

And let's not even discuss the bullpen.....

Time to start trading some of these "prospects" (if we can get anything for them!)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Braves proving what kind of team they really are right now. Playing 0.500 ball against weak clubs and losing ball against good teams.

Meanwhile, everyone else is trading prospects for help right now. Things will get worse for the Braves this year.

Given that so many of the pitching prospects seem to wash out, I am starting to wonder about their approach. Remember Matt Wisler? He came up with Foltz and is now back down at Gwinnett and seems like he has reached his ceiling (4.37 ERA in AAA this year). Gohara? No thanks (1-4 with a 5.67 ERA in Gwinnett). Max Fried? Um, 2-4 with a 3.93 ERA with the AAA farm team and a 1.45 WHIP with the big club.

Some of these guys may become serviceable big league pitchers (Folty, maybe Sirocco, maybe Newcombe.....and maybe even Lucas Sims).

But this team desperately needs a stopper, a #1 pitcher who can anchor the rest of the staff.

And let's not even discuss the bullpen.....

Time to start trading some of these "prospects" (if we can get anything for them!)
I agree the Braves need to make some trades while there are still top shelf players to trade for(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
When Dodgers (and former dwag) pitcher Alex Wood was coming up to bat just now, I swear I heard the organist play the Ramblin Wreck song.
He probably did. He likes to play the fight songs of rivals when opposing players come up to the plate. The organist played Rocky Top for Dietrich when he came up to the plate last year.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Freid was excellent tonight and will probably get the loss. I've been very impressed with him though. I would love a rotation of Ace (again we need to get one this offseason) Folty, Newk, Soroka, and Freid. Tehran becomes expendable or the 5th option if Soroka still has injury issues next year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The sliding 54-47 2nd place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the red hot 59-46 1st place in the NL West LA Dodgers at 1:35. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 9-5 Sean Newcomb and the starting pitcher for the Dodgers will be 8-2 Ross Stripling.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Braves win 4-1 over the Dodgers raising their record to 55-47 and lowering the Dodgers record to 59-47. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 10-5 Sean Newcomb and the losing pitcher for the Dodgers is 8-3 Ross Stripling. Sean Newcomb did an excellent job pitching a 1 hitter.