Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I have come to hate the idea of an inning per reliever. If the guy who pitched the 8th was strong and set them down three K's, why switch when you go to the 9th????
Going by the book doesn't work with this group of relief pitchers:rolleyes:
Minter was 8/8 in saves before today and was also perfect in holds, so this was the 1st lead that he has given up all year. Also, the pen has been much better since the acquisitions of Brach and Venters.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Minter was 8/8 in saves before today and was also perfect in holds, so this was the 1st lead that he has given up all year. Also, the pen has been much better since the acquisitions of Brach and Venters.
I also want to give a shout out to Julio. He didn't have a great start today, but it was solid and gave the Braves a chance to win. I'll take 5-7 innings and 2 or 3 runs from him the rest of the year.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Great win yesterday, after the shut-out on Saturday and falling behind 3-0, I wasn't too optimistic ...
At least Julio is starting to be consistent, bad start and then hangs tough and his HR seemed to get us going.
Miami didn't help us at all this weekend, lets hope Arizona does this week !

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Braves fall 8-3 in game 1. For those who didn't watch (or listen while working :D), it was really unfortunate because Fried got hit by a line drive and was knocked out after the 2nd inning. He seemed to have his good stuff today too. I think that he is going to be an elite pitcher.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Braves win the 2nd game 3-1 and Newcomb was fantastic again. He went 6 innings with 6 Ks and the only run was a 1st inning Home run. Biddle won the game (3-0 now on the year) and Minter closed it out for his 9th save in 10 tries.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s tough luck having to replace Fried and Carle with McCreery and Parsons.

Hide the lighters, we might have brought up a couple of gas cans,

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
First of all, great to see the offensive burst !
Secondly, as far as Soto is concerned and I know Joe Simpson got some heat for his comment, but Soto does not look or handle himself like a 19 year old ...
They both have loads of talent, but stand Acuna and Soto side-by-side ...