Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Series win against the Mets and Dodgers was huge !
Not a big Snitker fan, but applaud the Acuma move yesterday.
If you would have told me Freddie would go hitless in the series, I would have probably guessed we got swept ...
Shane Greene after a bad start has looked good the last couple of outings and Melancon is giving me some confidence as well. If these two can keep it up we could cruise into October !

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Don’t want to rain on any optimism here, but the Braves did miss Syndergaard, degrom, Kershaw, Buehler, this week.

Glad Atlanta is off today, Seafood on the way.....

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Don’t want to rain on any optimism here, but the Braves did miss Syndergaard, degrom, Kershaw, Buehler, this week.

Here's how i think the Braves will do the rest of the season

Marlins 3-0
@Mets 2-3
@Rockies 1-0
@Blue Jays 2-0
White Sox 2-1
Blue Jays 2-0
Nationals 2-2
@Phillies 3-4
@Nationals 1-2
Phillies 2-1
Giants 2-1
@Royals 2-0
@Mets 2-1

I think the Braves pull off the unbelievable and finish the 2019 season with a record of 100-62

Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's as of this point 2019 MLB predictions

National League

East

Atlanta Braves 100-62
Washington Nationals 93-69
New York Mets 85-77
Philadelphia Phillies 80-82
Miami Marlins 58-104

Central

St Louis Cardinals 91-71
Chicago Cubs 88-74
Milwaukee Brewers 87-75
Cincinnati Reds 80-82
Pittsburgh Pirates 66-96

West

LA Dodgers 114-48
Arizona Diamondbacks 83-79
SF Giants 82-80
San Diego Padres 72-90
Colorado Rockies 65-97

NL Wildcard Game: Nationals beat the Cubs

NL Divisional Series: Braves beat the Cardinals 3-1

NL Divisional Series: Dodgers beat the Nationals 3-1

NL Championship Series: Dodgers beat the Braves 4-2

American League

East

NY Yankees 113-49
Tampa Bay Rays 100-62
Boston Red Sox 88-74
Toronto Blue Jays 63-99
Baltimore Orioles 48-114

Central

Minnesota Twins 100-62
Cleveland Indians 100-62
Chicago White Sox 78-84
Kansas City Royals 57-105
Detroit Tigers 55-107

West

Houston Astros 111-51
Oakland A's 96-66
Texas Rangers 79-83
LA Angels 75-87
Seattle Mariners 63-99

AL Wildcard Game: Rays beat the Indians

AL Divisional Series: Yankees beat the Twins 3-2

AL Divisional Series: Astros beat the Rays 3-1

AL Championship Series: Yankees beat the Astros 4-3

2019 World Series: Yankees beat the Dodgers 4-3

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Are you patronizing me? :)
Braves are good! They have earned their position. Enjoy it Braves fans.... or try.

Here's something fun we can watch. Race you to 100 RBI.... RENDON (97) v FREEMAN (98)

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
My Mom(80)lived right around the corner from where the new ballpark is. She now lives in Englewood, which is one small town over. What I enjoy about the area is the 20 minute drive to South Sarasota(nice mall there, plus Gulf of Mexico)or 10 minutes to Port Charlotte from her present address. Spring Training ball in a nice field there too!
It's a big improvement over their former Spring Training home:cool:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Are you patronizing me? :)
Braves are good! They have earned their position. Enjoy it Braves fans.... or try.

Here's something fun we can watch. Race you to 100 RBI.... RENDON (97) v FREEMAN (98)
I know you’re kidding around, because you were first to call it to our/my attention about how fortunate we’ve been to skip some aces the last couple of months. Our lineup has needed a few breaks during the present injury period. The Braves won’t have that advantage during the critical time, should they play postseason baseball.

I hope all of us are enjoying being in the race. You never know what can happen. Despite how frustrated I get with watching these Eastern Division Bullpens, the good Starters are enjoyable to watch. I’m trying not to get too carried away, no matter where our two teams finish. I have Mr. Milwaukee to keep me grounded in that the lead can disappear and Mr. Jake who is a cross between supreme optimist, understanding realist. I feel like an ambivert, going up and down like a yo-yo on a “string” with the sound of ‘That’s Baseball’ for you. Fail 7 out of 10 times, Hall of Fame awaits. Give up a run every other inning and you get 10-20 m. per 6 months of work.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Something to keep in mind, should the Braves become a postseason team...
Dallas Keuchel has a lifetime 3.32 ERA. Might not be a John Smoltz, but there have not been too many in his(Smoltzie)league during playoff time and beyond.