Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It would be nice to trade for Zack Grienke and then possibly have him for 2020:cool:
He is under contract through 2021. Those salaries are huge. Even if Arizona sent an additional 30m. over for those two extra seasons, would the Braves want a guy who would be 38 y.o. at the end of ‘21, having to cover 20m. a year until then. I’ll give you he's an ace. The writer acted like we were the favorite for his services, however there are plenty of other teams involved. Snakes might have to keep him? We shall see.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
He is under contract through 2021. Those salaries are huge. Even if Arizona sent an additional 30m. over for those two extra seasons, would the Braves want a guy who would be 38 y.o. at the end of ‘21, having to cover 20m. a year until then. I’ll give you he's an ace. The writer acted like we were the favorite for his services, however there are plenty of other teams involved. Snakes might have to keep him? We shall see.
sidewalkGTfan is probably right that Zack Grienke's asking price will probably be way above what Liberty is willing to pay:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Heard rumors Folty is coming back this week. Seeing is believing! He needs more time, IMHO. I’d like him to go a few more weeks at Gwinnett. Braves have today and Thursday off. No hurry. Now if they want to showcase for a trade, give him at least another start at AAA.

FWIW, I think he makes it back.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Heard rumors Folty is coming back this week. Seeing is believing! He needs more time, IMHO. I’d like him to go a few more weeks at Gwinnett. Braves have today and Thursday off. No hurry. Now if they want to showcase for a trade, give him another start at AAA.

FWIW, I think he makes it back.
Yeah i'm nervous about the Braves bringing him up right now:jawdrop:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'll begin by eating crow ... big props to Kevin Gausman, he pitched a great game and don't forget about Julio Tehren, whom I criticize regularly, awesome outing by both these guys !!
We should be feeling pretty good with the weekend split, the Nats came in red-hot and we weren't playing well and had patchwork starting pitching.
Fred, the Nats won't be easily outdone, they have a strong line-up and good pitching, they also seem like a good bunch of guys, Rendon seems like a guy with a permanent smile on his face.
Finally, I think the Braves stood up to the challenge quite well and this series should be a big confidence boost going forward ... though we still need help with our starting pitching rotation !!

Well stated. I thought we'd get swept considering how they limped into the series. Responded nicely although their holes are still glaring.

And to continue giving @Milwaukee an unadulterated level of sh*t even though he's eaten a couple plates o' crow ... this Donaldson fella is a beast and is apparently crazy as a bag o' cats. In a good way.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
fdadgil6tub31.jpg

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred was on the money with his info.!
Hope Max faces Max Fried on ESPN next Monday night.

TODAY: Nationals GM Mike Rizzo told reporters (including Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post) that he is “reasonably confident” Scherzer will come off the injured list this week. As Dougherty notes, this projection carries some extra weight coming from Rizzo, who “is usually resistant to putting even loose timelines on injuries.”

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Fred was on the money with his info.!
Hope Max faces Max Fried on ESPN next Monday night.

TODAY: Nationals GM Mike Rizzo told reporters (including Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post) that he is “reasonably confident” Scherzer will come off the injured list this week. As Dougherty notes, this projection carries some extra weight coming from Rizzo, who “is usually resistant to putting even loose timelines on injuries.”
The Braves had better bring their A game to the series in DC(y)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll begin by eating crow ... big props to Kevin Gausman, he pitched a great game and don't forget about Julio Tehren, whom I criticize regularly, awesome outing by both these guys !!
We should be feeling pretty good with the weekend split, the Nats came in red-hot and we weren't playing well and had patchwork starting pitching.
Fred, the Nats won't be easily outdone, they have a strong line-up and good pitching, they also seem like a good bunch of guys, Rendon seems like a guy with a permanent smile on his face.
Finally, I think the Braves stood up to the challenge quite well and this series should be a big confidence boost going forward ... though we still need help with our starting pitching rotation !!
I'd say same about the Braves. Seems like guys having fun playing the game. It is refreshing to see. Freeman acts like every guy who reaches 1st is a long lost buddy. I will say Donaldson gives me the creeps just a little. Can't explain it; but it is real.