Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Charlie Blackmon might be available. I know we have two studs on the way in the next two years, however....
Inciarte, Touki, Bryse for 21 HR Charlie who hits for average. I’d even toss n Demeritte or Duvall.
Riley could back up 1B, 3B, 4th OF. Still have Culberson, Camargo, Joyce.

Would the Rockie Mounties fill their pitching need?What say you gents.?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Charlie Blackmon might be available. I know we have two studs on the way in the next two years, however....
Inciarte, Touki, Bryse for 21 HR Charlie who hits for average.
Riley could back up 1B, 3B, 4th OF. Still have Culberson, Camargo, Joyce.

Would the Rockie Mounties fill their pitching need?What say you gents.?
I think the Rockies would want pitching also and i would offer them Mike Foltynewicz,Touki Toussaint or Bryce Wilson

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I have a man crush on our YJacket. I’d agree to Folty, too!
Still need pitching. If we don’t get a big name closer, it will turn into a huge regret. Need a LHSP to counter the Dodgers, Cubs lefty dominated lineups.
I heard the Mike Folytnewicz is having pitching problems because he has bone chips in his elbow:cigar: I agree with a podcast that i heard that said if Kevin Gausman is back to pitching well that the Braves could possibly only trade for a closer:)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
We need a Starter and a big name Closer ... if I could only pick one, I'm not sure which way I'd go ??
I love Charlie Blackmon, but I think I would pass to address our more pressing issue's.
Yes, I think Josh Donaldson is a little creepy ... but so what !!!, if I had to pick the team MVP right now I might pick him over Freddie.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
We need a Starter and a big name Closer ... if I could only pick one, I'm not sure which way I'd go ??
I love Charlie Blackmon, but I think I would pass to address our more pressing issue's.
Yes, I think Josh Donaldson is a little creepy ... but so what !!!, if I had to pick the team MVP right now I might pick him over Freddie.
Yeah i would rather the Braves trade for a starting pitcher or closer than trade for Charlie Blackmon(y)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m not saying we don’t need a closer and at least one premium starter. We have enough prospects to make three more deals and not get hurt. Rule 5 is coming up after the season. We are collecting and not extinguishing. A.A. wanted a year to evaluate what he has in the system. That time has passed.

Do we currently have a third OF producing at the level of Acuna and Marky(yes, Riley is our future at 3B)? Blackmon could be that #2 hitter that makes our lineup complete. Contact hitter, Austin is not. I love the life of Riley, and still want pitchers. This is about experts wanting us to replace Flowers. I would rather replace Ender, for this pennant run. We still need pitchers. If we can only make one deal, a closer. Two deals, Charlie. Three deals, a front rotation starter. Fourth deal, another starter. Folty has chips, per Mike. BTW, I like kettle chips-not in my elbow joint.

https://www.mlb.com/news/rockies-trade-offers-charlie-blackmon

https://www.mlb.com/player/charlie-blackmon-453568

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I’m not saying we don’t need a closer and at least one premium starter. We have enough prospects to make three more deals and not get hurt. Rule 5 is coming up after the season. We are collecting and not extinguishing. A.A. wanted a year to evaluate what he has in the system. That time has passed.

Do we currently have a third OF producing at the level of Acuna and Marky(yes, Riley is our future at 3B)? Blackmon could be that #2 hitter that makes our lineup complete. Contact hitter, Austin is not. I love the life of Riley, and still want pitchers. This is about experts wanting us to replace Flowers. I would rather replace Ender, for this pennant run. We still need pitchers. If we can only make one deal, a closer. Two deals, Charlie. Three deals, a front rotation starter. Fourth deal, another starter. Folty has chips, per Mike. BTW, I like kettle chips-not in my elbow joint.

https://www.mlb.com/news/rockies-trade-offers-charlie-blackmon

https://www.mlb.com/player/charlie-blackmon-453568
I would love to get Blackmon. Like you said, he makes this lineup even more complete than it already is. It should look something like Acuna, Blackmon, Freddie, JD, Kakes, Swanson, Albies, Catcher. A bench of Riley, Camargo, Joyce, and Culberson would also be downright scary.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That’s exactly what I’m getting at. Not that it’s going to happen, but possible if we got aggressive and want to compete for a WSChampionship. I have the exact lineup you listed, THWG! Two LH like Black & Fred won’t matter back to back, so bring a lefty in-they will hit him. More righties out there anyway. McCann has discipline to hit 8th. Dansby perfect for 6th with his pop. Albies best at #7.

Yes, it will cost us 21m. next year for Charley. Donaldson probably comes off for 23m. Braves only have 31m. guaranteed, I read. Surprised me, as I thought we had more under contract.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
That’s exactly what I’m getting at. Not that it’s going to happen, but possible if we got aggressive and want to compete for a WSChampionship. I have the exact lineup you listed, THWG! Two LH like Black & Fred won’t matter back to back, so bring a lefty in-they will hit him. More righties out there anyway. McCann has discipline to hit 8th. Dansby perfect for 6th with his pop. Albies best at #7.

Yes, it will cost us 21m. next year for Charley. Donaldson probably comes off for 23m. Braves only have 31m. guaranteed, I read. Surprised me, as I thought we had more under contract.
That's the other part of the thinking with having Blackmon for next year, you can let JD walk and just let Riley play 3B everyday.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Right on! We tried to get an established OF in the off-season and settled for Marky to come back, even though he’s older than Blackmon. I agreed with Jake on us not hitting excellent pitching very well. Not a problem with Charlie. Other than Freddie, he would be our go to guy. An Ender/Austin platoon, has percentages against it. Power with Riley and the K’s, he’s still a rookie. Inciarte, speed and defense.

It most likely won’t happen, although what a bridge to Pache and Waters for a few years. A veteran for the playoffs!